No announcement yet.

The Golovkin Canelo TV Commercial is awesome

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Golovkin Canelo TV Commercial is awesome

Loving this old school 30's ad for the fight, one of the best I've seen...Duran Hearns Hopkins and DLH...great facial reactions and shots, have you seen better or great past ads for fights please share

Yeah that promo is really good

Comment

nice, love it

Comment

I like the part where Canelo steps through a hobbit-sized doorway.

Comment

That ad was gay as f.uck

Thought it was cheesy.

Comment

You know De La Hoya was wearing fishnets behind that bar.

Comment

Originally posted by WıLL View Post
              You know De La Hoya was wearing fishnets behind that bar.

Comment

Originally posted by R_Walken View Post
                That ad was gay as f.uck

Thought it was cheesy.
                gay...really? how so? it's set in the manly 20s/30s

Comment

Originally posted by iamboxing View Post
                  gay...really? how so? it's set in the manly 20s/30s
                  Not Gay like how Dela Hoya looked at the camera like he wanted to suck some d.ick

Just Gay in that I didn't think it was a effective promo didn't get me interested in the fight ( The reality is it doesn't need to, I'm buying it ) , I thought it was cheesy and lame as f.uck

Like I get it the people that came up with it thought it was going to be Money
                  Set in the Prohibition era in a dingy gym. 2 of the best fighters fighting just like the old days. Throw in some MW legends ( Duran, Hearns , B-Hop & Oscar ) that fought the best of the best to show this is the next wave of fighters doing it the old school way.

This Promo might resonate with Seniors reminiscing about the glory days or Hard core boxing fans that would be able to identify Duran /Hearn. I don't think this ad speaks to a 30 & under audience and not interesting

but to me getting people hyped about this fight doesn't need for everyone involved to play dress up and re-create a era that never was and use all these tired cliches.

I'd rather of them just show it how it is, let the audience know it's 2 of the best fighers both on a collision course 2 years in the making in a career defining fight . Show Some highlights of GGG/Canelo Mowing some Mofos down and getting KO'd . Show some clips of Gennady talking trash when he was chasing this fight and of Canelo when he was saying Mexicans don't f.uck around / Only the mediocre need luck , No costumes / No acting / No props / No Newspapers with the words Extra Extra Extra. Just a dope ad

Just my opinion

Comment

Originally posted by R_Walken View Post
                    Not Gay like how Dela Hoya looked at the camera like he wanted to suck some d.ick

Just Gay in that I didn't think it was a effective promo didn't get me interested in the fight ( The reality is it doesn't need to, I'm buying it ) , I thought it was cheesy and lame as f.uck

Like I get it the people that came up with it thought it was going to be Money
                    Set in the Prohibition era in a dingy gym. 2 of the best fighters fighting just like the old days. Throw in some MW legends ( Duran, Hearns , B-Hop & Oscar ) that fought the best of the best to show this is the next wave of fighters doing it the old school way.

This Promo might resonate with Seniors reminiscing about the glory days or Hard core boxing fans that would be able to identify Duran /Hearn. I don't think this ad speaks to a 30 & under audience and not interesting

but to me getting people hyped about this fight doesn't need for everyone involved to play dress up and re-create a era that never was and use all these tired cliches.

I'd rather of them just show it how it is, let the audience know it's 2 of the best fighers both on a collision course 2 years in the making in a career defining fight . Show Some highlights of GGG/Canelo Mowing some Mofos down and getting KO'd . Show some clips of Gennady talking trash when he was chasing this fight and of Canelo when he was saying Mexicans don't f.uck around / Only the mediocre need luck , No costumes / No acting / No props / No Newspapers with the words Extra Extra Extra. Just a dope ad

Just my opinion
                    Impossible to say it better, i agree 100%

Comment

Working...
                    X