Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

will people think i'm weird if i go to the park alone to shoot some hoops?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shaolin Sword View Post
    what does that have to do with anything?
    Nothing obviously. HAHAHA!!!!

But no, really
    I just came in for a chat tbh fella. I went to see the last Matrix on my own cos I had so many friends back then I thought "I'm too fukin cooo foe diss yo" so just watched that mofuppin shit on my own.

Ive walked my dog alone countless times, its cheating though because dogs are like people but cleaner.

The best is going to a theme park on my own, I was laughing so much, so funting funny, felt like a right cnut, was just funny. Though I had half a tab of acid before I went because I'm such a fupping badass conqueror like that.

Just make a habit of fuking off and pissing about on your own, once your used to it youll find it easy and less awkward

I hope you enjoy shooting them hoops.

Comment

I used to love going to the movie theater during the day alone. I dig a lot of random indie movies (Lagaan Once Upon A Time in India is in my top 10 favorite films for a reference on how deep down the indie hole I go) & I'm not really cool with any film nerds like myself so dragging a friend or girl along to see some random low budget flick that they have less then zero desire to see &/or they never heard of was always the harder path vs the social awkwardness of going to a theater alone. After awhile I preferred it. And the theaters are pretty bare in the early afternoon hours anyway so you can have a whole theater to youself sometimes.

Comment

Nothing wrong with shooting by yourself. Magic Johnson used to shovel snow off a court and then practice in freezing weather when he was a kid.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Shaolin Sword View Post
            I love going for solo walks around the block or at the park at nighttime, it helps me reflect on life and get away from it all. but one thing i really want to do is go to the park to shoot some hoops for exercise -- during the day time. i live pretty close to a park, but unfortunately it only has one basketball court and a lot of times there's people already there or i will get too nervous about people showing up to play while i'm already there playing.

so i hopped on yelp.com and vigorously searched for different parks within my area with 2 or more basketball hoops and i found one that's pretty close. it's not walking distance close, but it's one city over. it's a relatively safe neighborhood, and i would pretty much only play during school-time hours so i don't run into any teenagers.

i have pretty bad social and generalized anxiety so i need some sort of encouragement to go out there and do it. i know the first time will be the hardest, but once i get going it will become easier. any lone wolfs out there like me, who prefer their own company while doing random stuff? do you find that you get discriminated against or looked down upon because you're by yourself? i know some people go to movies by themselves, i personally never have but would love to give it a try!
            Dude, I miss doing that! I used to go on long walks and reflect. But that was another time when I was so much younger and super, super shy about six to seven years ago.

The craziest part tho, is back then I wanted everyone to like me, and be successful. Now it's the opposite, I wish I had more time for myself to do all the things I used to do.

Comment

You can do whatever you want. There is nothing wrong with shooting hoops by yourself and get some fresh air.

Comment

I shoot hoops alone sometimes I don't mind. And I am a beta!

You will be ok Shaolin

Comment

It's fine, if anyone asks just say it's an exercise regimen.

If you own a home it's even better, you could just buy a basketball rim and shoot when ever.

Comment

Nah man, just go for it.

Even if they do happen to think you are weird, who cares? You don't need everyone's approval all the time.

Comment

A small 5 foot 3 dark skin Chinaman from the Filipines with hard standing hair playing basketball in the park by himself they might call the police on you that is definitely weird.

Comment

Working...
                      X