Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will Sergio Kovalve move up to cruiserweight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will Sergio Kovalve move up to cruiserweight?

Assuming 2016 works out well and he is able to get wins over Ward and Stevenson, do you think there is a possibility of him moving up to cruiserweight? I know realistically it probably wouldn't happen but cruiser is a stacked division and it would be crazy to see Sergio against guys like Makabu, Lebedev, Glowacki, Drozd, etc. Toney moved up to fight Jirov in one of the craziest cruiserweight fights ever, and I think there is a lot foty potential for him @ cruiser.

Thoughts?

I think he will kovalev doesnt seem to care either way or who he fights

Comment

I dont think he has the style to make that move honestly...

Comment

Yea... he won't stay at LHW forever... even though he makes weight, most of the BtS videos he's complaining about making weight and it being hard.

Comment

Originally posted by Hougigo View Post
          Yea... he won't stay at LHW forever... even though he makes weight, most of the BtS videos he's complaining about making weight and it being hard.
          He also later explained how B-Hop teached him how pursue a healthy and strict diet which helped him to make weight easily...

Comment

Cruiserweight isn't exactly a glamour division so unless some big fight emerges there then I don't see why he would unless he's struggling with the weight.

I'd think he'd want to fight Beterbiev.

Comment

I remember he said he was moving to cruiserweight after the original Stevenson negotiation fell through.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
                Cruiserweight isn't exactly a glamour division so unless some big fight emerges there then I don't see why he would unless he's struggling with the weight.

I'd think he'd want to fight Beterbiev.
                If he gets past; Beterbiev, Stevenson, Ward

I'd love to see him at it with Usyk, as always WAR KRUSHER!

I think he handles cruiserweight well, might not be as powerful.. but who knows. If he manages to clear both divisions,

Comment

I think why not eventually? It will add to his legacy, I think his power will carry.

Comment

There are fights at cruiserweight for Kovalev. Is it a glamorous division? No. By 2017, if all goes well I'm sure Kovalevs name can bring some noise to cruiserweight. A fight with Lebedev, or Glowacki could be interesting. In fact I'm becoming more interested in the Idea of a fight with Lebedev more than a fight with Stevenson.

Hopefully Lebedev gets a unification fight which would bring more appeal to the idea a fight with a undefeated former unified Light-Heavyweight Champ.

Comment

Working...
                    X