Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Daniel Geale a tougher opponent than the Sergio Martinez that Cotto fought?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cotto basically fought Stephen Hawking the night he fought "Martinez"

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Beamish View Post
      Martinez was a cripple. He had had two rounds of knee surgeries. ANYBODY would have kicked his ass that night.

Geale is better than that. This should be a competitive fight. I'm hoping that Cotto wins, and fights Canelo. But I'm not counting on it.
      Funny Murray couldn't convincingly beat martinez who had injured himself prior to that fight.

But lets give praise to murray, even though murray has laughable 37.5% ko ratio.

Comment

Originally posted by Beater_of_ass View Post
        Both are using an injury as excuse for looking foolish in a fight. When you run across the ring, when are on your feet for all but 30 seconds in 30 minutes, you're knee is not an issue. When you throw left hooks and right hands, you're shoulder isn't hat injured.
        Sam Soliman tore his knee during the Taylor fight and was still able to bounce around and run. One moment where Martinez sprinted for half a second doesn't even come close to meaning his knees weren't bothering him. It's common sense that a guy who had two knee surgeries, looked like crap in two fights after these surgeries, and has struggled with his knees in the year since to the point he will probably have to retire, has a problem with his freaking knees.

Comment

Who cares, Geale already lost to GGG. Real question is why Cotto is fighting a no name that brings nothing to the table and got KO'd by the man he should be fighting GGG.

Comment

let's see how it goes. geale may well have been damaged by the golovkin beat down. and there are levels to boxing and cotto is surely a level above geale, regardless of his size

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
              Sam Soliman tore his knee during the Taylor fight and was still able to bounce around and run. One moment where Martinez sprinted for half a second doesn't even come close to meaning his knees weren't bothering him. It's common sense that a guy who had two knee surgeries, looked like crap in two fights after these surgeries, and has struggled with his knees in the year since to the point he will probably have to retire, has a problem with his freaking knees.
              Don't bother he doesn't want to understand, bottom line any athlete who fears he will never walk again(Sergio was afraid his knees were so damaged that he wouldn't be able to walk again, watch the 24/7) can never truly recover, especially for athletic activities. Cotto beat a completely shot Sergio, let's see how he handles Geale, hopefully he wins so we can get Canelo vs Cotto.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                Looked like crap? Murray was much bigger than Sergio, it was the biggest guy Sergio ever fought actually, he still won...

Cotto was then the BEST guy Sergio fought. If you want to talk to me about a debilitating injury, I want to see it not here "well he had surgery." Foreman had a hurt knee fighting Cotto, that would fit the term cripple. Gatti breaking his hand against Ward, that's an injury.

Not fighting for a year and resting your knee the entire time, that's called being healthy. I'm not counting the 3 seconds he ran, I'm counting the 27 minutes he was standing up and moving around just fine. I don't see one second in that fight where Sergio's knee locks up, so what was the problem? It was sore? Every fighter goes in with injuries, stop making excuses jesus christ. Guess what... EVERYONE knew about his problems, everyone. Cotto was STILL supposed to lose as a 3-1 underdog. An excuse, is an excuse.

Comment

Originally posted by ea22 View Post
                  Don't bother he doesn't want to understand, bottom line any athlete who fears he will never walk again(Sergio was afraid his knees were so damaged that he wouldn't be able to walk again, watch the 24/7) can never truly recover, especially for athletic activities. Cotto beat a completely shot Sergio, let's see how he handles Geale, hopefully he wins so we can get Canelo vs Cotto.
                  Oh look, yet another guy still upset he picked the wrong fighter to win.

Comment

Don't know if he's tougher. But he's definitely no push over. rooting for Cotto but I think it's a fairly even fight.

Comment

Originally posted by B0XEO View Post
                      What weight is this being fought at? Will Geale be drained?
                      No Geale won't be drained. Weirdly enough, in the 30 day weigh in, Geale was 158 and Cotto was 164. Martinez was at his worst with limited mobility vs Cotto but Geale is the same excluding the not so brutal loss to GGG where he quit.

Comment

Working...
                      X