No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Team Martinez Still Target Floyd Mayweather Jr. Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by HAVISJ View Post
    Exactly, Martinez can't even fight the top guys in his weight class or move up himself to be challenged but they call Mayweather a duck or coward. This really shows the greatness of Mayweather.
    Bingo................

Comment

• Simply put ya'll are reaching,this fight would be a gift,and not mandatory and can not be a duck at all...if it happens it is a gift for the fans..Floyd has never even weighed over 151 and ya'll want him to fight a damn middleweight,

Comment

• Originally posted by MR. LARRYX View Post
        Simply put ya'll are reaching,this fight would be a gift,and not mandatory and can not be a duck at all...if it happens it is a gift for the fans..Floyd has never even weighed over 151 and ya'll want him to fight a damn middleweight,
        Sit down will ya, he wont be fighting a middleweight he will be fighting a 154 guy jusst like cotto and himself.......154 guys.

It dont matter if floyd hasnt weighed 151, that is cos he is in shape all the time. Duran if he kept himself in shape wouldnt be weighing that much as well but fought higher, so stop keeping the leash on that tiger within floyd.

stop holding him back and saying he cant do this or that. Cos most other times its how amazing floyd is and how hed be favourite from any weight from 147 to 154 or 160 in your fantasies. But when it comes to it all mouth, no action.
        Last edited by hugh grant; 01-01-2013, 02:18 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by shade darkar View Post
          i think he would beat martinez, but i dont think he will take the challenge.

he doesnt have to fight outside 147, he can always rertire. he has already proved himself. id rather he do that than fight lesser oppoents just for the money. i actually think guerrero would cause floyd problems, but martinez would cause him more problems.
          If he has nothing left to prove, what would be wrong with fighting lesser opponents? Why are people so against Floyd getting money? That is a hater. If u don't like who he is fighting, don't buy it or watch it. I didnt agree with PAC v Marquez 4, so I didn't buy it. But I didn't criticize manny everyday for it. As far as Martinez, Larry and big dunn have made good points. Money is not ducking Martinez. They are 2 weight classes apart. I wouldnt mind seeing Floyd Martinez although I don't think it would be as close as most of u think. It has to happen at 160 though because we all know there will be too many excuses for Martinez at 154. But who knows if Floyd can fight that high. The closest he has come is 151. So then at 160 we will see a Floyd who may not be the same. If Martinez does beat him at 160, it still doesn't prove anything because he beat a blown up Floyd. Doesn't say he can beat the mayweather we all know. So in the end, the fight really doesnt make sense. In neither scenario do u get the est that both fighters have to offer.

Comment

• Originally posted by stretchedout View Post
            Not like Pacquiao's legitimate 154 title, huh ?
            Absolutely not, his 8th divisional belt is as paper as it gets. Floyd's 5th is not as bad, but we're trying to figure out whether it's paper or for real.

Comment

• There are no superstars at 147 for Floyd to fight. He didnt fight Pac which was one worthy fight. At 154 Floyd considers himself a 154 champ so if sergio fouught at 154 it would be sergio making a sacrifice, so why all this poor little floyd attitude.?

It makes sense as they are both p4p no 2,3 or4 or respectively. Floyd is ducking as Sergio called floyd out, and floyd is pretending hes deaf and when JMM called floyd out,Floyd had bat ears.
              Last edited by hugh grant; 01-01-2013, 03:33 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by stretchedout View Post
                YOU ARE FULL OF **** !!

Pacquiao never offered Cotto 150, he was too scared to fight a healthy Cotto.

Cotto stated 154, Pacquiao insisted upon 147 and would not agree to 150.

Now, knowing this, is there the slightest chance that you will smarten up and realize that manipulating advantages over made-to-order opponents is how Team Plankiao do their business?

Thought not.

Just another coincidence, right ?
                Here's Cotto taunting Pac into offering 150:

http://www.boxingscene.com/cotto-pac...-go-154--48943

Here's Cotto rejecting 150 when offered:

http://www.boxingscene.com/team-cott...acquiao--56613

I guess you're not an alt after all, you must be new to the boxing scene being so misinformed. Anytime you have a question, don't be shy, I'm happy to spread knowledge around.

Comment

• Originally posted by yuppie View Post
                  Martinez needs to turn his attention back to his own division, Mayweather is a welterweight.

Golovkin
                  Pirog
                  Quillin
                  Alvarez
                  Trout

..come on.
                  Exactly!

Sergio calling out Mayweather and Pacquiao is a joke and also cringeworthy. Both of them are small welterweight fighters. Sergio is going for their name (money) - nothing else.

Floyd should stick to 147 and maybe fight once more at middleweight against Canelo. Even at middleweight he comes in at 150 on fight night.

Martinez hasn't even made 154 in a long time. He would likely rehydrate to 165.

Jim Lampley and the people at ringside thought Ortiz was huge compared to Floyd when they fought. Imagine how big a 5'10-5'11 Martinez would be. And this guy even tried to promote a possible fight with Manny when he attended the Pacquiao vs Marquez event. It was laughable to see him there and even more laughable when I tried to picture him in the ring with Manny. Actually it's quite scary to think that Martinez was razor close to tricking people to think that Manny had a chance with him in the ring. They were about to sell that fight!

Stick to your own division, "Marty".
                  Last edited by Main Source; 01-01-2013, 03:35 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
                    He did say that, but why would Floyd do that if he's the reigning 154 champ? 154 should work for both
                    Look at this ignorant pac-phaggot giving a lecture about weight manipulation.

Cotto was Manny's first-choice opponent, but they would not fight him at 150.

And the first time around, Pac wouldnt even fight him at 147.

Comment

• Originally posted by PAC-BOY View Post
                      health first. :WORD:
                      These kind of whiney comments crack me up. Pacquiao was too scared to fight a healthy Cotto, not only was he too scared to fight Cotto at 154, he was also too scared to fight him at 150.

One word..... HYPE-JOB !!

Actually, three words..... HYPE-JOB, EXPOSED, KTFO !!

Comment

Working...
                      X