Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Degale should never fight in britain again!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TouchyAndalou View Post
    Huh? I thought Dirrell won that fight.
    He did!!.. that's why i said "less punches" because clearly the judges saw some invisible punches being landed somewhere!!

Jim Watt had it by a single round to Degale, and you think that's evidence in favour of Chunky being robbed. LOL. Almost everybody I've heard from had this fight by one round to either guy. ONE ROUND. That's the definition of a close fight, not a robbery.
    There wasn't even a point between them because it was quite clear Chunky should have won it by at least three rounds!!..but as always the white brawler always gets the decision in England!!,

Watch more boxing, kid.
    FECK OFF!!

Comment

Originally posted by PRINCE O' PROSE View Post
      I could say that's an overly optimistic defence of the shallow English mentality, but I don't mind you stating it that way.

I don't think my observations are really generalizations, though, just a reference to traits that bind a majority consciousness together - you yourself made observations about collective thought, just not in a negative light.

Like I said, I don't expect it to be any different. But I will correct fools (like the one earlier in the thread) who make wrongheaded, inaccurate claims about the greater virtues of English, as opposed to American, fight fans.

I could take what you're saying as shallow mentality, and overall pessimism, but then I'd be in your boat. Difference is you made observations, I made suggestions.

I'm not gonna build straw men with you, I just see your argument as slightly ironic from your standpoint.

Comment

Originally posted by SpitBalla View Post
        DeGale loves London more than almost any other boxer. He has stated his desire to remain in London many times. Plus he can make a lot of money in the UK.

They did chant 'Chunky' many times. And DeGale does have an overly loud mouth, so he has no one to blame but himself. At the same time, Groves comes off as a nice dude, so the audience's reaction was hardly surprising.
        You mean the same Groves who was putting videos on youtube mocking Degale? the same Groves who was also bad mouthing James too? why did the crowd ignore that?

Comment

Originally posted by Southpaw Stinger View Post
          Oh I do believe it to a certain point. But I mainly respond to a jokey anti brit post with a jokey anti yank post as it's bound to get a reaction. The way I've always been on here as any thread featuring a brit fighter is automatically going to go down that route of Yank vs Brit.
          Nah, there's no excuse for retreading that tedious 'brit vs. yank' ground eveytime you surface in NSB, because there are plenty of American fight-fans to talk to here who are willing to give the British guys a fair shake, especially these days, with the rise of Froch and whatnot. Amusingly enough, some of the biggest Mayweather fans here are also some of the most open to discussing young British fighters on the up (No Ceilings, _Hisoka, Kevin Jesus).

Originally posted by Southpaw Stinger View Post
          Just please stop with the insults and know it all attitude. There's no need to make everything an argument.
          LOL, yet more echoes of !! Anorak's hypocritical faggotry.

"Stop making everything a polemic!"

You're the one who piggybacked on a perfectly valid point (re. the difference in standards for boxing coaching/prep between the US and UK) and contrived some tangential Brit/Yank polemic out of it.

Retrace your steps to page 1, mate.

Comment

Well the English are certainly more racist than Americans, no doubt about it. But Lennox Lewis and Haye did become popular, so it's not like Black athletes are hated or anything like that.

But look at how Khan is treated. If we want to talk racism, Khan is the absolute perfect example. If he did the exact same things and was white, people would worship him. But the dude has 10 million the bank already, and while there are a lot of racists out there and in these forums he does have LOTS of fans as well, so its hard to feel sorry for him.
            The British media is quite brutal. Khan was very well liked during his Olympic run and early pro career from what I remember, but that's kind of gone sour. Over exposure made people a little more judgemental of his career.
            I suppose there are quite a lot in the UK with an anti muslim and Pakastani viewpoint, which is sad but every country has its bigots.
            Last edited by Southpaw Stinger; 05-21-2011, 09:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Silky-Flow View Post
              There wasn't even a point between them because it was quite clear Chunky should have won it by at least three rounds!!..but as always the white brawler always gets the decision in England!!
              Degale was the brawler in this fight if anything. Groves boxed off the back foot for almost the entire fight and Degale, who looked confused and short on ideas, took half the fight to show any worthwhile adjustment. That's not racism, it's simply understanding how to read a fight.

Comment

Well the English are certainly more racist than Americans, no doubt about it. But Lennox Lewis and Haye did become popular, so it's not like Black athletes are hated or anything like that.

But look at how Khan is treated. If we want to talk racism, Khan is the absolute perfect example. If he did the exact same things and was white, people would worship him. But the dude has 10 million the bank already, and while there are a lot of racists out there and in these forums he does have LOTS of fans as well, so its hard to feel sorry for him.
                Khan lost fans long back.He used to run his mouth about how he was the best before he even faced anyone.He then started talking about Hatton and Mayweather at a time he was fighting bums.He was protected and when he finally got knocked out people rejoiced.He still has not leant his lessons and and people just can not stand him.

Comment

Originally posted by PRINCE O' PROSE View Post
                  Amusingly enough, some of the biggest Mayweather fans here are also some of the most open to discussing young British fighters on the up (No Ceilings, _Hisoka, Kevin Jesus).
                  But those guys are all ****s too!

I talk real boxing with members I like. The rest, I'll continue to stereotype and joke. If it means I get to enagage in meaningful conversations with people like you then it's worth while, right?

Comment

Originally posted by TouchyAndalou View Post
                    Degale was the brawler in this fight if anything. Groves boxed off the back foot for almost the entire fight and Degale, who looked confused and short on ideas, took half the fight to show any worthwhile adjustment. That's not racism, it's simply understanding how to read a fight.
                    No Degale was the one who rocked Groves more than once in this fight, almost ko'd him in the latter rounds too!!..but as always the "home favorite" got the decision!!..if Groves had won the gold medal and boxed like Degale did tonight there's no doubt in my mind he would have got the decision!!..that's just the way it goes in England!! .

Comment

• Originally posted by Silky-Flow View Post
                      No Degale was the one who rocked Groves more than once in this fight, almost ko'd him in the latter rounds too!!..but as always the "home favorite" got the decision!!..if Groves had won the gold medal and boxed like Degale did tonight there's no doubt in my mind he would have got the decision!!..that's just the way it goes in England!! .
                      Fights are scored round by round, not based on who rocked who more times. Degale lost most of the early rounds. He probably won most of the late rounds. It was a very close fight, not a robbery. Nothing to see here.

Comment

Working...
                      X