No announcement yet.

Bob Arum: "No parker-wilder fight, wilder brings nothing to the table"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mr.Fantastic View Post
    What's wrong with making a smart business decision? Arum knows more on boxing than anyone on this site and by far.
    yeah that's cool and all, but don't turn back around and **** on Wilder for not fighting anybody.

Comment

For one he brings a belt to the table, get that belt and then you get more money from the English table. Gosh I hate Bob Arum.

Comment

Wilder needs to do whatever he can to jump on the British scene, Dillian whyte should be a good fight now that Arum is ruling Parker out.

Comment

I said a few years ago,, American boxing dead and the big money will be in U.K., Canada, Germany and Japan..

Arum makes a valid point. The U.K. market is on fire right now

Boxing economics have changed, and if American fighters aren't willing to leave the country for major fights, then they will turn into this generation's Sven ottke

Comment

Wonder how long everyone plans on avoiding Wilder.

Comment

Originally posted by Pigeons View Post
              When Americans do that, there is universal outrage though.
              Europeans do it all the time. Americans do it all the time. Japanese do it almost exclusively.

Comment

Originally posted by Pan-Africanist View Post
                Spence drew 6 million for his fight against Algeri and nobody in the US would say he's more popular than Wilder.
                If 6million people watched his fight than i'd say he is (though to be more accurate would need to look at average viewings - taking into account free-to-air and PPV fights). After all, how else do you judge someone's popularity than by how many people watch their fights?

Originally posted by Marchegiano View Post
                Wonder how long everyone plans on avoiding Wilder.
                Wilder will be avoided by Parker until Haymon sweetens the pot. That is all it would take, though for that to happen Haymon would have to have faith that Wilder would dispatch Parker so he could then make his money back and more in a Wilder v Parker fight.

As for Joshua... at this moment in time I can see that fight only happening in the UK (unless Joshua is willing to take a financial hit to fight in the States) so that'll happen once Wilder has made a name for himself in the UK. Looks like him and Parker will be competing for that...

Big fights are still out there for Wilder, but him and his team are just going to have to accept that he is not the draw in the division (no matter how much he wants to yammer on that he's the king blablabla) and will have to put some work in to get them. If he just keeps doing what he's doing then he's just gonna be at the back of the line for most of them and the only big fight he'll get is him vs Joshua when Joshua wants to try to add his belt to his collection.

Comment

Originally posted by Deus View Post
                  If 6million people watched his fight than i'd say he is (though to be more accurate would need to look at average viewings - taking into account free-to-air and PPV fights). After all, how else do you judge someone's popularity than by how many people watch their fights?

Wilder will be avoided by Parker until Haymon sweetens the pot. That is all it would take, though for that to happen Haymon would have to have faith that Wilder would dispatch Parker so he could then make his money back and more in a Wilder v Parker fight.

As for Joshua... at this moment in time I can see that fight only happening in the UK (unless Joshua is willing to take a financial hit to fight in the States) so that'll happen once Wilder has made a name for himself in the UK. Looks like him and Parker will be competing for that...

Big fights are still out there for Wilder, but him and his team are just going to have to accept that he is not the draw in the division (no matter how much he wants to yammer on that he's the king blablabla) and will have to put some work in to get them. If he just keeps doing what he's doing then he's just gonna be at the back of the line for most of them and the only big fight he'll get is him vs Joshua when Joshua wants to try to add his belt to his collection.

The Spence fight came on after the Olympic coverage on NBC. So the audience stayed with the programming. It's not like 6 million people tuned in just to see Spence.

Comment

Originally posted by Pan-Africanist View Post
                    The Spence fight came on after the Olympic coverage on NBC. So the audience stayed with the programming. It's not like 6 million people tuned in just to see Spence.
                    I do get there would be circumstances like that, hence mentioning averages of fight viewings for a more accurate view.

Comment

Working...
                    X