Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why did Gamboa did so much better than Loma vs Salido?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
    We;re comparing Lomachenko, who is very good and very skilled but was only in his second pro fight to a guy who was in his 18th pro fight and had even better natural gifts of hand and foot.

It's sad that Gamboa is where he is right now and it can all be traced to him leaving TR in the build up to the Rios fight. That bout would have made him into a genuine star yet he chose to go with 50 cent or Jay Z or whoever it was.

Once in a life time talent wasted by idiocy.
    Loma had like 6 WSB pro format fights. 5 rounders.
    Last edited by pesticid; 11-30-2016, 12:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by have_not View Post
      It was Lomachenko's second pro fight.

He had never gone more than 4 rounds prior to that fight, he was afraid to gas out.

The fight was at 126 and salido didn't make weight, next day he weighed in at 147 while loma was 132 pounds.

Salido was desperat to not loose against a guy with his second pro fight.
      Therefore extra lowblows and dirty tactics, still loma had salido holding on for his life in the 12.

Loma will crush salido in his 9 pro fight while Gamboa could not do it in his 18 pro fight.
      Loma beats Gamboa also, it will be like the gary russel fight but Gambia will be stopped.
      Loma had 6 pro fights under WSB, he had gone 5 rounds before

Comment

Originally posted by NearHypnos View Post
        Gamboa is extremely agressive and has absolute dynamite in his hands. Stylistically he was a better matchup against Salido. Loma is more of a pure boxer who never had that kind of will and pressure on him. Look at it as to how Shane beat the dog s hit out of Margarito after Marg sonned Cotto. Styles make fights and it's going to take a guy with an iron will (and some skill) to beat Loma again. A guy who isn't impressed or discouraged by the speed. Salido just went in there like he was the boss and Loma gave him nothing he hadn't overcome before... Without serious power it's always tough to keep guys like Salido off you because they find a way to get in that ass at all costs.

Great post!

Comment

Originally posted by NEETzsche View Post
          I just had a quick view of the highlights of both fights on YouTube and Gamboa looks more built up to me, especially his back. He was the aggressor and seemingly the stronger man against Salido, whereas Salido v Loma looked almost like man v boy. Gamboa was super young when he fought at flyweight, right?
          23 years old

Comment

Originally posted by pesticid View Post
            Loma had 6 pro fights under WSB, he had gone 5 rounds before
            Oh my bad, he has never gone beyond 5 rounds prior to the salido fight instead of 4 rounds.
            Not that it make much difference.
            He had one pro fight before fighting salido and that was 4 rounds. He had 4 rounds of pro boxing before he fought salido

Comment

I understand why you praise Gamboa, but Salido is no joke. Few boxers have accomplished so much with a lack of natural talent. He excels at nothing, but his will is unbreakable. He is getting old, but he is still dangerous, and he can overcome any obstacle in a good night.

Comment

Originally posted by have_not View Post
                Oh my bad, he has never gone beyond 5 rounds prior to the salido fight instead of 4 rounds.
                Not that it make much difference.
                He had one pro fight before fighting salido and that was 4 rounds. He had 4 rounds of pro boxing before he fought salido
                He had 30 something rounds before Salido.

World Series Boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by afterpunk View Post
                  I understand why you praise Gamboa, but Salido is no joke. Few boxers have accomplished so much with a lack of natural talent. He excels at nothing, but his will is unbreakable. He is getting old, but he is still dangerous, and he can overcome any obstacle in a good night.
                  I am not praising Gamboa, I think in a head-to head match-up Lomachenko beats Gamboa even if Gamboa is in his prime. I was wondering why Vasil had a bad night against Salido.

Comment

I was wondering why most of the people here (not you in particular) were praising Gamboa. The other side of the equation, Salido, deserves some attention.

Comment

Originally posted by afterpunk View Post
                      I was wondering why most of the people here (not you in particular) were praising Gamboa. The other side of the equation, Salido, deserves some attention.
                      Neet, an earlier poster mentioned that Salido is a cold and hot fighter and he's very correct. So it's quite possible that the Salido that showed up against Loma was tuned up and the Salido against Gamboa wasn't.

Comment

Working...
                      X