Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Official Johnny Tapia Doumentary Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good documentary, like others said felt a little rushed, but great to see those old fights.
    Had a chuckle when they talked about the dude who killed his mom. Narrator says died from a hit and run, then Tapia says he got ran over a couple times seemed like Johnny had some inside info

Comment

Its been out for a long time already, seen it was a good documentary but if you already know the story is nothing new or anything.

Comment

kind of embarassed right now but could somebody hit me up with a link? Dont know if im too old for this stuff cause i cant find any video on it

Comment

It was good, I think I expected a little more based on all R he stuff I read, but I guess an hour probably couldn't capture it all. I once read that his uncle used to pimp him out, make him fight older cats for many as a way to get paid. They said he was a teenager fighting full grown men. Very good nonetheless, thanks the memories champ!!!

Comment

Caught this the other day On Demand. Really enjoyed it. Felt bad for his wife, she went through a ton with him.

Really enjoyed watching him fight.

Comment

Wow, just finished watching this now.

Absolutely awesome documentary on the great Johnny Tapia.

If anyone hasn't seen this yet its a MUST view, seriously. It's in the video trading block if anyone wants to download it.

Comment

Originally posted by WesleySnipes View Post
                kind of embarassed right now but could somebody hit me up with a link? Dont know if im too old for this stuff cause i cant find any video on it
                It's in the video trading block.

http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...2#post15213222

Comment

Just caught this on HBO earlier today and wow...what a great documentary. It's made me (a fairly new boxing fan) wanna seek out a career DVD set of Tapia's fights. Dude was a straight up BEAST and seemed so friendly.

That ending though...

What's the verdict around here on his book "Mi Vida Loca: The Crazy Life of Johnny Tapia"??

Is it worth picking up??
                  Last edited by TKO88; 07-02-2015, 02:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by TKO88 View Post
                    Just caught this on HBO earlier today and wow...what a great documentary. It's made me (a fairly new boxing fan) wanna seek out a career DVD set of Tapia's fights. Dude was a straight up BEAST and seemed so friendly.

That ending though...

What's the verdict around here on his book "Mi Vida Loca: The Crazy Life of Johnny Tapia"??

Is it worth picking up??
                    Anyone read it?

Comment

Working...
                    X