Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the worst job you ever had?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Working in the Onion fields. In high school I had a few friends that worked the fields over the summer. I picked grapes which wasn't so bad and it paid ok. But the second half of the summer we tried working the onion fields. 112 degrees and hard work and we made only five dollars each for the days work. Took me four days to get the smell of onions off. We never went back.

Comment

Ive had a few **** jobs, but nothing ever compars to the time i did cold calling telesales.

It was horrible. You'd take abuse all day from people who didnt want to talk to you, but you'd have a boss listening in the whole time making sure you were trying to push the sale still. You'd get about 15seconds between calls so no time to talk to co-workers. You had to ****ing clock out if you wanted to go toilet, and if you went too often over the week they could dock your pay. The pay was crap unless you sold your soul to the devil and started bullying old people into buying what you are selling.

I could rant all day talking aboit all the little things that made the job **** but i cba right now. I worked there long enough to pay that months rent and then quit straight away. Never again.

Comment

Oh yeah, I had to do a brief bit of telesales, I forgot about that. The main part of the job was going door-to-door trying to find out if people wanted a quote on double glazing.

The best day I had on the job was when I went to one house, didn't even open my mouth, and the old guy in there goes "are you from a window company? I was just about to call one... I want a quote on all my windows, and a conservatory at the back." I told everyone on the team I'd got the gig because of my skillz, pissed 'em all off.

But 90% of the time it was strangers telling you to **** off and treating you like you were sub-human. I was redundant at the time (I was about 19) so had to do it to eat. I always swore that I'd never treat someone the same way in the reverse position.

Comment

From your mother!

Comment

Originally posted by !! Anorak View Post
            Oh yeah, I had to do a brief bit of telesales, I forgot about that. The main part of the job was going door-to-door trying to find out if people wanted a quote on double glazing.

The best day I had on the job was when I went to one house, didn't even open my mouth, and the old guy in there goes "are you from a window company? I was just about to call one... I want a quote on all my windows, and a conservatory at the back." I told everyone on the team I'd got the gig because of my skillz, pissed 'em all off.

But 90% of the time it was strangers telling you to **** off and treating you like you were sub-human. I was redundant at the time (I was about 19) so had to do it to eat. I always swore that I'd never treat someone the same way in the reverse position.
            Damn dude, sounds really tough. I couldn't stand doing Telesales work man, rather do manual work than do that.

Comment

I did telesales for about 8 months.

I'm a right sarcastic little bastard though, so you could imagine the fun I had.

I wasn't evil or anything but if some arrogant old fart gave me abuse on the phone you could be assured he'd be getting a stern phone call back from "Eric at the department of work and pensions", regarding his pension...

Comment

Originally posted by SouthPawHitman View Post
                I had to milk your mother once. It was terrible and smelly.
                https://youtu.be/5LlQNty_C8s

Comment

Originally posted by Willy Wanker View Post
                  I worked at a McDonald's in an "urban" neighborhood, this was before the camera phone and Worldstar days, but it was just as rough.

Every shift was a fight for survival. I once gave a fat lady large fries instead of the extra large which made her furious. Her son almost stabbed me and called me a "racist cracka." Then, he turned around and started fighting the people behind him for no reason. His fat ass mom even jumped in.

Tough times.

Comment

Working...
                  X