Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hurd should rename his ring nameto "Hurt"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

came in here expecting you to be flaming him for getting hurt all the time, and I was about to spit some knowledge lmao.

but yeah, the guy is about as swift as Cecil Fielder.

Edit - calling him hurt would make it sound like he's someone who gets knocked around and loses alot though. Need something like "The Hurt Locker" or something that is more creative than what I just came up with off the top of my head.

I'd be curious if Frank Thomas trademarked "The Big Hurt"

Comment

Originally posted by harwri008 View Post
      The crazy thing is he is actually capable of making people miss him. Even against Trout, he took a lot of punches initially, then he started to move and make him miss. He was able to catch Trout easier just by moving a little bit and countering.

I don't know why he decided to go full Margarito when he's actually capable of being "slick".
      Agreed. Before the Harrison fight, he was definitely more slick.

I'd like to think it was just style match ups. Harrison and Trout are boxers who utilize ring generalship more so than a lot of other fighters, so Hurd had to resort to another style of fighting.

Comment

He is a game determined rugged boxer with a great chin and real power. There is nothing swift about him. For a world 154 pound champion he is on the slow side. Only his power punches are fast. His footwork and defense are average at best. Still he gets his job done and usually by KO.

Comment

Well, he has the word "swift" tattooed across his chest, so it's pretty much a done deal.

Comment

he did a better job on trout than charlo did though....

Comment

Hell yeah!

Now THAT'S promotion.

Comment

Working...
              X