Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zuffa Refuses to renew Fedor's contract...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zuffa Refuses to renew Fedor's contract...

The men at the sharp end of Zuffa LLC. have this week refused to renew the contract of formerly ranked number one fighter in the world, Fedor Emelianenko meaning the Russian heavyweight will be either forced to retire from the sport or compete in the minor leagues.

The news comes via LifeSports.ru who reportedly spoke to sources close to “The Last Emperor” earlier this week. According to the report negotiations stalled after the owners of the UFC came to the table and interjected themselves into the proceedings

http://www.mmabay.co.uk/2011/03/31/z...ko/#more-45129

Oh well, don't want Fedor to turn into another Cro Cop anyway.

Comment

Wow.

Dana White lets his petty problems get in the way of what the fans want. Its sickening.

Comment

He was doing damn good in the 1st round against Silva. I don't think he's done at all. I hope he wins in July and then the fight after that so maybe theres some hope to renew it.

I don't get it, Big Nog only fights like once a year I don't see why Fedor can't and do his sambo stuff at the same time. And I don't understand why the **** M-1 needs their name everywhere. Fedor is M-1, without him their garbage. Their doing nothing but hold him back.

UFC don't co-promote with other companies. Get over it.

Comment

This is apparently not credible:

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2011/3/31...force-contract

Comment

they're not idiots i really doubt this
            i mean they still gave cro cop yet another fight even if he was way past it
            and they will do the same with nog

Comment

They probably want to "re-structure" his contract. Strikeforce probably paid him an arm, leg, and left eye. Now that he isn't what many thought he was anymore, the UFC probably don't want to pay him **** until he gets on the up and up again.

They should sign him. Brock-Fedor, make it happen!

Comment

Originally posted by Nodogoshi View Post
                IIRC, Fedor only signed his current deal before the Bigfoot Silva fight. So it's not like he has any reason to re-negotiate things now.

I think that the story probably is BS.

Comment

Originally posted by Danny Gunz View Post
                  Wow.

Dana White lets his petty problems get in the way of what the fans want. Its sickening.
                  I want Fedor to retire, I would hate it if this out of prime Fedor would lose to Brock and Dana going nuts saying "See, this guy has and always will be a bum."

That's the last thing I want.

Comment

^^^ lol, sorry but I gotta laugh at that. 2 fights ago, Fedor was supposed to be able to walk right through Brock.

Comment

Working...
                    X