No announcement yet.

The worst referees in history?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dr Rumack View Post
    Arthur Mercante Jr. Somehow an even bigger cunt than he looks.

Remember when Mercante let Sweet Pea nearly kill Hurtado?

Comment

Jesus Christ what the hell is wrong with the first ref in this vid? I've never seen that fight.

Comment

Arthur Mercante Jr. Somehow an even bigger cunt than he looks.

Remember when Mercante let Sweet Pea nearly kill Hurtado?

Yet he was quick to stop the Garcia-Malignaggi fight. Mecante's a derp..

Last edited by BOXEO _; 01-13-2018, 12:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by !! Anorak View Post
          SNIP
          Dave Parris.
          Last edited by McNulty; 01-13-2018, 01:31 PM.

Comment

The ref for Danny Williams vs Konstantin Airich was useless.
            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LZWT_e8cDNU

Comment

It has to be Laurence Cole. Total idiot - lights are on but no one is home, type of guy.

I can’t think of a fight involving him where he doesn’t do something stupid or something blatantly weighted towards one corner.

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
                The ref that let Klitschko hold over 180 times against Povetkin.
                this, although to be fair he knew full well what he was doing. Abject cheating.

Wlads reign really ended unceremoniously that night by DQ, although to be fair, its a win.

We'll never know if, had he been stopped from holding so much, whether he'd been koed or not with that flimsy chin of his.
                Last edited by DreamFighter; 01-13-2018, 02:58 PM.

Comment

Laurence Cole in the Loma - Salido fight was terrible. If Loma cannot have children anymore, the reason is obvious. If Cole would have ref'd all Golota fights, Golota would still be heavyweight champion, probably undisputed.

Comment

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
                    Laurence Cole for sure when talking recent times, all refs have their quirks in what they allow and what they are hard on but most of the refs are pretty consistent with their actions from one fight to the next.

Cole is the worst because every fight I watch with him he is doing something different, one fight he will be hands off, the next he will be in the action being a stickler and anywhere in between.

Being a boxing ref is a pain in the ass job, so I can forgive a lot as long as a guy is consistent with what they do, and Cole is the most inconsistent ref so to me he is the worst.
                    / End thread

Came in to say exactly this. Can't stand that fool

Comment

Lawrence Cole, Tony Weeks, Joe Cortez and Robert Byrd.
                      Cole's incompetent, Weeks and Cortez are groupies and Byrd retired years ago, he just hasn't let anybody know yet.

Comment

Working...
                      X