Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Wilder: 50-50 or NO Joshua Fight, No Surprise if I KO Him in One!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't bet your house on this fight ever happening.

Comment

Originally posted by Deus View Post
      To be fair, Wilder has been quite unequivocal that it is 50-50 or nothing as this is now the second time that he's said this, with the addition of this time he's threatened to walk if he doesn't get what he wants. Those themselves are worrying signs because it doesn't overly sound like he's willing to negotiate at all.

Obviously we can hope that in private his stance isn't quite so harsh and that this fight can get made, but you can't blame people for taking Wilder at his word on this one.

Other than that point I totally agree with what you're saying.
      So to get your demands met (or get as close to them as possible) do you want to seem wishy-washy with them or put up a nice hard facade? So that still fits into posturing.

We will see what goes down when it comes tome to really make the fight happen, that obviously is not right now.

Maybe Wilder does walk away over 5-10 percent, I find that hard to believe but it could occur. When that time comes that is when it is time to talk about this as a problem and Wilder will get a ton of heat rightly so if it goes down like that.

Comment

Ugh!! ****ing lame.

Comment

Serious question bro. If you’re so sure and confident in yourself and your abilities, why not settle for what’s being offered to you? Seems to me that if you KO Joshua, no split will ever work against you in the future. I get it’s a business but when you say you want to make the biggest fights “for the fans” then the split never becomes the issue. Now if you never said that and we know you have, then you stick to wanting a certain split and we don’t hold our breath waiting for that match to happen. You got a lot of skills bro but Joshua beat the man who beat every man for 10 years. Not saying he’s better than you, just saying I understand his upside and I struggle to see yours. But good luck in your negotiations bro and look forward to seeing your next bout.
          Originally posted by Deontay Wilder View Post
          Where was this boy in 2010? 2011? 2012? Now he up in here acting like he own the place. You green! I been had twice as many wins, more title defense, and I gots Haymon on my team. Who the fuck is you. Talking bout we gonna niggotiate. Don't be playing these games Eddie. Just split it down the middle and let's get it on. Bitch!

Comment

The only way Wilder can ensure 50/50 happens is if he beats Ortiz. Although Joshua is the bigger draw, the demand for the fight will then be high enough to force Joshua to meet him in the middle.

Comment

Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post
              All that talk and now pricing himself out, smh. What a sucka. Guess we won't see the fight
              Oh brother, I really hope this isn't the case. He should be advertising that he'd take 30% to make the fight happen if he actually wants the fight! If you think you can knock a guy out in 1 round, take 25% and make up the rest on the rematch!!

I really hope he's not serious...

Comment

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
                So to get your demands met (or get as close to them as possible) do you want to seem wishy-washy with them or put up a nice hard facade? So that still fits into posturing.

We will see what goes down when it comes tome to really make the fight happen, that obviously is not right now.

Maybe Wilder does walk away over 5-10 percent, I find that hard to believe but it could occur. When that time comes that is when it is time to talk about this as a problem and Wilder will get a ton of heat rightly so if it goes down like that.
                Oh I get that... I think everyone in this day and age has atleast done some negotiating to know how these things work, but his exact wording isn't inspiring much confidence in myself that that is all he's doing because it does kinda sound like he's setting up his stall.

Obviously that's just a feeling I get from this and I do hope that this is just part of his negotiations (as i'd mentioned in my first post) thus i'm certainly not calling this a 'duck' as is the commonplace trend around here.

Comment

Originally posted by qwickm3 View Post
                  First of all this is a negotiating tactic. He knows we will not get 50%. 40% is realistic and reasonable. He does hold the green belt and that matters!

All these AJ fans crack me up though. The guy won a fight against and old man and damn near lost it. Anthony Joshua can make a fine living fighting bums in the UK but he will never be considered great if he does that. Plus I feel like he is more likely to lose before Wilder. AJ does not strike fear into his opponets. Wilder does even if his skills are lacking. He has at least dared to be great by signing on the dotted line against the most dangerous heavyweights in the division even though they didn't work out. Aj? Not so much.
                  I hope this is the case. Good post

Comment

This guy is a phuckin joke.

How many PPVs has he sold to be demanding 50/50? Phuck off Wilder

Comment

This is pricing himself out, nothing else but that.

What a shame, i actually think he can knock Joshua out but there's no way he can demand 50-50 or no fight in this one. He knows it too and his team know it. They wouldn't be fighting next anyway, so hopefully Wilder and his team will see sense in time. Hopefully he's just going in high for negotiations, no problem with that but he is a fool if he sticks to his guns and misses out on a huge payday even at 35% or something, more than he could make in 10 fights.

It's hard to know what Wilder and his team are thinking sometimes. Who turns down about 5x their highest purse to fight domestic level Dillian Whyte...

Anyway, you would have to imagine that when they sit down properly and see how much he will make even with a lesser %, they will change their tune a bit.
                      Last edited by TheBigLug; 12-04-2017, 03:38 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X