Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will Matthyse retire and get fat like Maidana now?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheBigLug View Post
    He should.

He's shot to bits and was never that good anyway
    Agree with you with all but the "was never that good anyway". Lucas was very good in his prime and deserved the decison in both the Devon Alexander and Zab Judah fights.
    Lucas, in addition to being a great puncher, also exhibited good boxing skills earlier in his career.
    That said, IMO he's not been the same after the John Molina, Jr. and Provodnikov fights. Yes, they were wins, but he took huge punishment in those fights.
    He also seemed to lose confidence in himself after those fights and the Postol loss. He seems so mentally weak now.
    Last night was just sad. He just plodded forward and did the same thing over and over, most of which was nothing.
    I believe Lucas should retire immediately, this is coming from a long time fan of his.

Comment

Originally posted by BoloPuncher1 View Post
      Agree with you with all but the "was never that good anyway". Lucas was very good in his prime and deserved the decison in both the Devon Alexander and Zab Judah fights.
      Lucas, in addition to being a great puncher, also exhibited good boxing skills earlier in his career.
      That said, IMO he's not been the same after the John Molina, Jr. and Provodnikov fights. Yes, they were wins, but he took huge punishment in those fights.
      He also seemed to lose confidence in himself after those fights and the Postol loss. He seems so mentally weak now.
      Last night was just sad. He just plodded forward and did the same thing over and over, most of which was nothing.
      I believe Lucas should retire immediately, this is coming from a long time fan of his.

Yeah, i actually felt he edged the Judah fight but a real good fighter shouldn't even be having close fights with that version of Judah, that's the truth.

Matthysse was an exciting fighter for a short time due to his power but always was going to come up short when he reached a certain level and did. Right now he is way off competing at a decent level.

I believe Pac is way over the hill too, but his talent level has always been far higher than Lucas. So it's kind of all relative and a faded version of both is only going to make for one winner still.

Pac showed last year that he is basically done, even if you feel he beat Horn. Pacquiao shouldn't be having debatable fights with the likes of Horn. At near 40, he isn't any better despite a stoppage win. I think the fight last night says more about Matthysse than Manny.

Not to take anything away from Manny though, he did a good job in there and obviously still has power, speed and can be aggressive. I just think it'd be a different story in there with a younger good fighter now.
      Last edited by TheBigLug; 07-15-2018, 08:46 AM.

Comment

I wouldn't say he was never that good.

Going into the Danny Garcia fight he was quite feared and respected, especially by a lot of posters on here.

Comment

He should retire. Does anyone know the purses?

Comment

Working...
          X