No announcement yet.

I Miss Tito

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Don Pichardo View Post
    Oscar ran last four rounds. That means you had Oscar sweep Tito the first eight. You suck at scoring because that was an impossible way score that fight.
    I thought Oscar ran the last three.... I oughta rewatch it.

Comment

Originally posted by Derranged View Post
      I thought Oscar ran the last three.... I oughta rewatch it.
      He ran the last three. Jogged round 9 (not much happened). Oscar certainly didn't win round 9.

The first eight was a series of two or three combos where Oscar would jump in throw two or three punches and jump back out of the pocket. He woke land about half.

That's the fight. Oscar would stay away then jump in throw a combo and jump away about three times a round. Oscar didn't land all punches thrown when he would jump in. Meanwhile Tito pressed on throwing and landing his power punches. Not all of course. That was round 1-8

Oscar couldn't keep up that pace of staying away and jumping in and jumping out. So he stayed away round 9-12. He did little in round 9 and did nothing in rounds 10-12.

Sure Oscar won most of the rounds 1-8. Not all. He was more active. However Trinidad steadily landed his power shots and kept the same pace rounds 1-12. We all knew what would have happened to Oscar if he traded. He knew better. So once he tired he stayed away.

That's the fight in a nutshell. Can't win a championship fight by running the championship rounds. One need to take the championship from the champion. Oscar by no means did that. Nor could be have. Hence the no rematch.

Comment

Yeah it's a shame Cheato quit like a bitch after getting exposed for the one dimesional cheat that he was.

I still remember all the Trinidiots thinking he could beat Roy Jones Jr. LOL

Comment

I miss him too. He was my favorite fighter when he was fighting. I think he deserve a close win over Oscar but he had out grown 147 and was drained. I think he would have beat Oscar decisively at 154 in a rematch. I know Oscar is very popular and few will agree with me but that's what I think anyway. People who think Oscar won their fight usually give Oscar the first 8 rounds and Trinidad the last 4 rounds. If they watch the fight carefully and score each of the first 8 rounds they might realize that while Oscar won most of the first 8 rounds he didn't win all of them.

Comment

Originally posted by Don Pichardo View Post
            Oscar ran last four rounds. That means you had Oscar sweep Tito the first eight. You suck at scoring because that was an impossible way score that fight.
            Tito was a beast.
            In the DLH fight he punched DLH in the heart (chest) in round 7 i think.
            That is why DLH could not keep on fighting and had to run, that punch took everything out of him.

With Bhop, everyone knows Tito lost b4 the fight, he had too much going on outside of the ring to even train well.

Comment

Originally posted by Death_Adder View Post
              Yeah it's a shame Cheato quit like a bitch after getting exposed for the one dimesional cheat that he was.

I still remember all the Trinidiots thinking he could beat Roy Jones Jr. LOL
              He had to rewrap his hands because he used more tape than allowed by New York rules.That's hardly the crime of the century or remotely the same as the Margarito deal. The way he wrapped his hands would have been legal any where but in New York. A fighter having to rewrap his hands is very common and it doesn't mean they were exposed or cheating. Get your facts straight and quit wrongly trashing an all time great fighter. If Trinidad was caught cheating he would have been fined or suspended or both and of course he wasn't fined a single penny or suspended a single day.He just had to rewrap his hands using less tape. If you knew what the fuc you were talking about you would know that extra tape protects the boxer's hands but does not increase his punching power. It's not loaded gloves.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
                He had to rewrap his hands because he used more tape than allowed by New York rules.That's hardly the crime of the century or remotely the same as the Margarito deal. The way he wrapped his hands would have been legal any where but in New York. A fighter having to rewrap his hands is very common and it doesn't mean they were exposed or cheating. Get your facts straight and quit wrongly trashing an all time great fighter. If Trinidad was caught cheating he would have been fined or suspended or both and of course he wasn't fined a single penny or suspended a single day.He just had to rewrap his hands using less tape. If you knew what the fuc you were talking about you would know that extra tape protects the boxer's hands but does not increase his punching power. It's not loaded gloves.
                great post!

Comment

May just be me but a Prime Manny or Prime Floyd both drown him... Too fast for him.

Comment

Originally posted by Derranged View Post
                    Fishnets won 8-4.
                    What Laps?

Naw. To be fair De La had at least 30 that night.

Comment

Pac would get KO by Trinidad. I hat using this kind of logic, but if Marquez can stretch Pac, then he doesn't want to get in there with Tito. Pac was very fast indeed. But not elusive. He got hit. Floyd probably could dance around and win a decision, but Trinidad would take zero punishment from Floyd. A great fight would of been Prime Tito vs GGG. The Tito that fought Joppy vs Current GGG would of been the fight of the century. Tito ruins careers. He you go in there and try to KO Tito, you leave the ring a changed man.

Comment

Working...
                      X