Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Whats your opinion on life as a whole? A good thing? Bad? Inbetween?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whats your opinion on life as a whole? A good thing? Bad? Inbetween?

More bad than good?

More good than bad?

I find its a mixed bag, about 50 50, not the fairly tale we seemingly are brought up to believe, or that it should be.

Some really great things, some really horrible things and everything in between.

I have come to the conclusion that the REAL problem is life itself.

Comment

Life is good.

Comment

Originally posted by Xoo View Post
        how so?

Comment

Life is amazing.............

Comment

Originally posted by Xoo View Post
            1. Living is suffering
            2.Suffering is caused by craving
            3.Lessening your cravings leads to less suffering

Comment

The more hobbies you have and the less they involve humans, the happier you are

If I could spend all day woodworking or sailing I'd be a happy camper but I have to deal with humans every day

Comment

I'm happy to be alive!

Life has always given me lemons!

Early on I realized I was always taking the hard road! So I joined the USMC and graduated from the School of hard knocks!

I had dreams and not all of them were fulfilled or came to fruition!

Thank God the Lord blessed me with the honor or raising three boys!

Two are University students and one in H.S. I can't explain it but it's like their dreams have become my dreams and I am given a second chance all over again!

Life is hard but it is good! Don't ever give up!

Comment

Originally posted by //// View Post
                  The more hobbies you have and the less they involve humans, the happier you are

If I could spend all day woodworking or sailing I'd be a happy camper but I have to deal with humans every day
                  Good advice.

I play music, so I have no choice but to deal with people, but at least when we're playing a song, I don't have to hear people speak and express their worthless opinions.

My other hobby is masturbating excessively, so I get plenty of alone time.

Comment

Originally posted by siablo14 View Post
                    1. Living is suffering
                    2.Suffering is caused by craving
                    3.Lessening your cravings leads to less suffering
                    That's a Buddhist mantra

Unfortunately you won't see many enlightened Buddhist following that advice.

Buddha was a prince who gave up his royal name and material wealth and went and found enlightenment under a bodhi tree.

Top monks all seem to have an unusual amount of wealth, I phones etc and usually travel first class.

I'm not talking about young monks from poor backgrounds with that.

...just the chosen ones

The secret to life is to enjoy it.
                    Don't worry too much over the things you have no control over.
                    Sometimes things just are the way they are, putting labels on things is in the eye of the beholder

In Buddhist culture there shouldn't be praise for beautiful things, it's a temporary state and attracts an opposite.
                    I.e if something is beautiful it invokes a negative that to be recognised as beautiful something has to be recognised as ugly

Om ☺

Comment

Working...
                    X