Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How would a prime Paul Williams do against PBC's WW's?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How would a prime Paul Williams do against PBC's WW's?

At 147 I think a prime Paul Williams could beat anyone currently at WW but PBC probably has the deepest talent pool at 147 so with that said how would he have done against...

Spence
    Garcia
    Khan
    Thurman
    Porter
    Broner
    & anyone else PBC has at 147 or that can make 147

Originally posted by Boxfan83 View Post
    At 147 I think a prime Paul Williams could beat anyone currently at WW but PBC probably has the deepest talent pool at 147 so with that said how would he have done against...

Spence
    Garcia
    Khan
    Thurman
    Porter
    Broner
    I can see Thurman and Porter taking him. I don't feel like Williams had the power to keep Porter off him and I can see Thurman timing him and landing something.

Garcia, Khan, and Broner get beat. These guys are barely welterweights as it is.

Spence is too unknown still.

Comment

I honestly feel Paul Williams is overrated on here,he is no better then those fighters you listed

Comment

Spence
        Garcia
        Khan
        Thurman
        Porter
        Broner
        I think he beats them all up. Thinking of him fighting Garcia is crazy, he would beat both he and Broner to a pulp, KO win in both fights.

Comment

I mean he lost to Carlos Quintana at 147 so how is he a sure thing against anyone? Quintana is decent but he ain't no world beater.

Comment

Originally posted by LarryXXX View Post
            I honestly feel Paul Williams is overrated on here,he is no better then those fighters you listed
            @154 maybe and 160 I think he was average or below average and hyped from his 147 fights but at 147 people were scared of him...

Comment

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
              I mean he lost to Carlos Quintana at 147 so how is he a sure thing against anyone? Quintana is decent but he ain't no world beater.
              But he killed Quintana in the rematch. I think his physical gifts made him a nightmare for anyone at 147... Heavyweight reach, 6"0 frame and a ridiculous output of app. 100 blows a round. Now I'm not saying he would KO them all, but I honestly couldn't see him losing to any of them... You'd either need cuban boxing nous ( a la Lara) or concussive KO power to keep him off!

Comment

@154 maybe and 160 I think he was average or below average and hyped from his 147 fights but at 147 people were scared of him...
                Do you subscribe to the theory that P.Will and/or Margarito caused Floyd's first retirement after the Ricky Hatton fight?

Comment

Originally posted by 5*General View Post
                  But he killed Quintana in the rematch. I think his physical gifts made him a nightmare for anyone at 147... Heavyweight reach, 6"0 frame and a ridiculous output of app. 100 blows a round. Now I'm not saying he would KO them all, but I honestly couldn't see him losing to any of them... You'd either need cuban boxing nous ( a la Lara) or concussive KO power to keep him off!
                  Quintana had none of that just plain outboxed him in the first fight, Thurman is a better boxer than him. Sure Williams laid him out in the second fight but that just shows Williams inconsistency so while he could beat anyone on that list he could also lose to anyone.

He never really fought tall either at least with any consistency.

It is not that Paul Williams is not a good fighter particularly on his best day, but how do you know when that best day will come. That sort of inconsistency is a killer at the top end and it is something Williams always showed.

Comment

Cotto would probably happily fight Williams as he is now. Martinez wasn't in a much better condition when Cotto fought him.

Comment

Working...
                    X