No announcement yet.

fight night champion vs fight night round 4 vs fight night round 3

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Phenom View Post
    gameplay was off but I liked story mode in FNC that promoter reminded me of Arum for some reason
    I thought he was definitely more Don King.

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Rodge View Post
      Have to say Gents, I whole heartedly disagree with you.

I've seen enough of these threads to know that the complaints here really just translate into "I get owned on OWC"

The footwork is crap, admittedly but the rest of the game is far better and takes a great deal more skill to be competitive than any of it's predecessors and I've played them all over the years.

They portray Atlas far to lucidly imo however.
      I pretty much cosign this.

Comment

Are you kidding? Atlas is the best part!

"I had the fight a little bit closer I scored it a split decision"

"Not using the jab is like going for a swim with no water"

"They remind me of my two teenage sons going to the dinner table!"

Comment

fight night champion was made for the casuals

Games too cheesy they dumbed it down with automatic block , slow footwork , Overdoing off set punches ,

Overall the rhythm is horrific

Fight night round 3 had the best footwork , block system etc .....

This franchise is really taking step backwards due to not having competitors in the boxing gaming network

Comment

Have to say Gents, I whole heartedly disagree with you.

I've seen enough of these threads to know that the complaints here really just translate into "I get owned on OWC"

The footwork is crap, admittedly but the rest of the game is far better and takes a great deal more skill to be competitive than any of it's predecessors and I've played them all over the years.

I disagree and this is coming from someone that would own you online

Fight night round 3 was the best hands down take out the parrys from the block and you got yourself a bad a s s game

Comment

Originally posted by Capaedia View Post
              "I had the fight a little bit closer I scored it a split decision"
              Bwahaha good to know he was kidding. When I heard that I was like "huh?"

Comment

I liked the power punch modifier in FNC but I like the trickier joystick controls from 4.

Overall I like 4 better.

Comment

When is a new EA sports boxing coming out.

Comment

If they brought back the parrying from fnr3 the smoothness and stamina from four and the speed of fnc then we would have one badass game.

Comment

I've been able to enjoy all of them quite a bit. I currently own Fight Night Round 4, I did own 3 but beat the **** out of it, and I rented Fight Night Champion but only had it for 2 days so I didn't get to be really immersed into the game like I would have wanted. I have been able to adjust to the fighting engines in all the games just fine and I don't really have any gripes about them. If you know what you're doing you can be great at any of them, especially if you actually know anything about boxing. I do have one MAJOR bone to pick with the Fight Night franchise overall though. Training!

It pisses me off to no end that no matter what you do in training, you lose points on skills you've already built and that's how they designed it. I don't care if they think it's more realistic, it's a bunch of bull****. I took my fighter in FNR4 to a record of 66-0 with 60 knockouts and I could never get him above a rank of 88, I might have got him to 89 once on a good day. But, I don't think if you train one thing you should lose points on another thing, it's counterproductive and nobody can tell me they want to do all that work to never be able to max out their fighter? They tell you to become the greatest of all time, but then they make it impossible to do just that.

I also don't like how difficult some of the training games are. I don't expect them to we cake-walks, but like in FNR4 the heavy bad combos game is ridiculous and one little mistake is far too damaging to your final score. You miss one combo one punch and you can kiss a "champion" score, or even a "contender" score goodbye. It's especially maddening because the Total Punch Control doesn't always sense your punches accurately, screwing you over on the training game.

I also really didn't like the Maize bag training game. Sure the premise was easy enough but even when you make no mistakes it's almost impossible to get a champion score on it. You can only go so fast through the whole thing so what do they expect you to do?

I think that's something they need to really change in the next game. No more point losses for different training games, make them a bit more attainable to beat, and make it to where you can actually max out your guy if you want. You shouldn't be stuck with a guy you worked your ass of with who can barely beat any of the games main roster, that defeats the whole purpose of becoming the greatest of all time.

Comment

Working...
                      X