No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Usyk, Bellew, Joshua, Ward, WBSS: Everyone's a Winner

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
    Usyk is not only significantly bigger than Ward, but better, P4P.

He has achieved more than Ward, as both amateur and pro. As an amateur, Usyk won the World Championships as well as Olympic gold.

As a pro, Usyk has aleady done something Ward never did, by becoming an undisputed, 4 belt unified world champion.

At both 168 and 175, there were other world champions Ward absolutely refused to fight.

Usyk beat all the champions in his division and he did it on the road. Another thing Ward absolutely refused to do was fight outside his own country.
    Winning the WBSS at cruiser does not put Usyk in the current p4p conversation much less the p4p convo goe fighters in the last decade. Ward retired as the p4p #1 fighter.

I don't want to take anything away from Usyk, but he has beaten 2 world champions and a past it Huck. If he had beaten the Huck from 3+ years ago, yeah that would add to his CV immensely. For now, he is indeed king at cruiser and worth of p4p considerations. In no way has he established himself as a pro #1 and he has not beaten enough top competition to be compared with an undefeated two weight division champion like Ward.

Comment

Originally posted by Ake-Dawg View Post
      Winning the WBSS at cruiser does not put Usyk in the current p4p conversation much less the p4p convo goe fighters in the last decade. Ward retired as the p4p #1 fighter.

I don't want to take anything away from Usyk, but he has beaten 2 world champions and a past it Huck. If he had beaten the Huck from 3+ years ago, yeah that would add to his CV immensely. For now, he is indeed king at cruiser and worth of p4p considerations. In no way has he established himself as a pro #1 and he has not beaten enough top competition to be compared with an undefeated two weight division champion like Ward.
      Ward is a cheating arsehole who wouldn't have won anything as a pro if he'd had to fight by the same rules as his opponents. He shouldn't be mentioned in the same sentence as Usyk, who has proved himself to be one of the 2 best cruiserweights in the history of the division, along with Holyfield.

Comment

Usyk shouldn't look too far. Ward may be too much for him

Comment

Originally posted by Oshio View Post
          Usyk shouldn't look too far. Ward may be too much for him
          Usyk will whoop Ward silly.... Too fast too strong to slick. Outside of US coWards cheating tactics would be penalized heavily, he would get his well deserved second loss (after 1st Kovalev loss). Honestly Ward ain’t sh-i-t. If he ever comes back he will fight again dirty with f-kin judges looking away and reffs in his pocket thats the only way he wins. he is an old news anyways a t-shirt of the month lol.

Comment

Ward is a cheating arsehole who wouldn't have won anything as a pro if he'd had to fight by the same rules as his opponents. He shouldn't be mentioned in the same sentence as Usyk, who has proved himself to be one of the 2 best cruiserweights in the history of the division, along with Holyfield.
            How do you prove yourself to be one of the 2 best cruiserweight in HISTORY in only 15 fights and NONE of those fights were against proven world level fighters. Again...Usyk is the goods and will likely put together a great career, but you are way ahead of yourself here. I mean you are putting him up there with guys who went to heavyweight and were players at the weight before he even does any of the stuff that earns p4p and best in history status. Haye was a beast at cruiser...James Toney...Johnny Nelson....Michael Spinks....all rate above Usyk till he proves it over time and against all comers.

Comment

How do you prove yourself to be one of the 2 best cruiserweight in HISTORY in only 15 fights and NONE of those fights were against proven world level fighters. Again...Usyk is the goods and will likely put together a great career, but you are way ahead of yourself here. I mean you are putting him up there with guys who went to heavyweight and were players at the weight before he even does any of the stuff that earns p4p and best in history status. Haye was a beast at cruiser...James Toney...Johnny Nelson....Michael Spinks....all rate above Usyk till he proves it over time and against all comers.
              This is a truly idiotic post.

How the fck can somebody beat 2 undefeated world champions - one of them an undefeated, 2 belt unified world champion - and become undisputed champion of his division .. without fighting a single proven world level opponent?

And read my comment you responded to. I said Usyk is one of the 2 greatest cruiserweights ever. How does what some former cruiserweights achieved at heavyweight make them better than Usyk at cruiserweight?

Does winning a world title at cruiserweight and ko'ing David Haye at HW make Tony Bellew a better LHW than Stevenson? If so, how come Stevenson knocked Bellew TFO when they fought at 175?

Comment

It just amazes me that people talk about Ward against Usyk or top HW with serious face.
                He'll look like a midget, no tricks will help, he'll be trampled.

Comment

Usky has proven himself to be a top ten Lb for Lb. Look at his resume. Far better than some other fighters ranked in the top 10. He should jump at the chance to fight Bellew at Heavyweight. I think he beats Bellew in a one sided absolute pasting. Then he should challenge himself at Heavyweight. He humiliated Jo Joyce in the WBSS. Nothing left for him at cruiser. His style would give wilder and Joshua fits. Unless they can KO him I honestly believe he outpoints the pair of them.

Comment

This is a truly idiotic post.

How the fck can somebody beat 2 undefeated world champions - one of them an undefeated, 2 belt unified world champion - and become undisputed champion of his division .. without fighting a single proven world level opponent?

And read my comment you responded to. I said Usyk is one of the 2 greatest cruiserweights ever. How does what some former cruiserweights achieved at heavyweight make them better than Usyk at cruiserweight?

Does winning a world title at cruiserweight and ko'ing David Haye at HW make Tony Bellew a better LHW than Stevenson? If so, how come Stevenson knocked Bellew TFO when they fought at 175?
                    1st..never mentioned Bellew.

2nd...just because you're a champ, doesn't make you world level. By that logic Broner is a hall of Famer because he was a champ in 4 divisions. Simply put, beating Briedis and Gassiev does not place Usyk in ATG status. Also, before he gets p4p love, how about we let him get a win at heavy, beat Briedis more convincingly, or fight Glowacki.

3rd...I'm not saying Usyk isnt a stud. Just not the 2nd best cruiserweight of all time and not p4p level YET.

Comment

1st..never mentioned Bellew.

2nd...just because you're a champ, doesn't make you world level. By that logic Broner is a hall of Famer because he was a champ in 4 divisions. Simply put, beating Briedis and Gassiev does not place Usyk in ATG status. Also, before he gets p4p love, how about we let him get a win at heavy, beat Briedis more convincingly, or fight Glowacki.

3rd...I'm not saying Usyk isnt a stud. Just not the 2nd best cruiserweight of all time and not p4p level YET.
                      No, you didn't mention Bellew. And I didn't mention Haye, Toney, Michael Spinks, Johnny Nelson or Broner either.

You are using these terms: "world level" "P4P" "ATG" "hall of famer" as if they all meant exactly the same thing!

That's how you end up with lunatic opinions like:

Just because you are a world champ, that doesn't make you a world level fighter.

A boxer can win all 4 world titles in his division without fighting a single world level opponent.

A boxer can't be one of the greatest ever in his division unless he has also won fights in the division above.
                      Last edited by kafkod; 07-23-2018, 08:08 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X