Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Prime George Foreman vs. Prime Joe Louis.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prime George Foreman vs. Prime Joe Louis.

Who would win? Louis could outbox Foreman, but Louis had a weak chin. If Galento could drop Louis, Foreman could KO him.

Louis was stopped TWICE in 69 pro bouts, how is that a weak chin?
    The two times Louis was stopped was when he was a 21 year old kid fighting a top tier Schmeling and then against Marcianp as far from prime contender.
    As for Galento he had a powerful left hook that was a dangerous situation for any fighter.
    Jack Dempsey signed Galento because of his power but let him go for his lack of respect for the training end! Galento as a young man was a "iceman" and in those days the iceman delivered blocks of ice to families. That meant hauling blocks by hand and back up flights of stairs daily. Being powerful to handle that job is an under statement.

Ray

Comment

Foreman for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Corso View Post
        Louis was stopped TWICE in 69 pro bouts, how is that a weak chin?
        The two times Louis was stopped was when he was a 21 year old kid fighting a top tier Schmeling and then against Marcianp as far from prime contender.
        As for Galento he had a powerful left hook that was a dangerous situation for any fighter.
        Jack Dempsey signed Galento because of his power but let him go for his lack of respect for the training end! Galento as a young man was a "iceman" and in those days the iceman delivered blocks of ice to families. That meant hauling blocks by hand and back up flights of stairs daily. Being powerful to handle that job is an under statement.

Ray
        A weak chin isn't just about being knocked out or stopped. It's also about getting knocked down or hurt. LHW Conn managed to hurt Louis.

Comment

Originally posted by VG_Addict View Post
          Who would win? Louis could outbox Foreman, but Louis had a weak chin. If Galento could drop Louis, Foreman could KO him.
          I agree with with Ray, Louis had far from a weak chin. I side with Louis on this.

Comment

Working...
          X