Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

J-Rock shows that there's a difference between bullrushing and actual inside fighting

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• J-Rock shows that there's a difference between bullrushing and actual inside fighting

People on here seem to think that bullrushing a guy and smothering your own work is in the same realm as actual inside fighting. The same kind of inside fighting that Duran,Hagler, Ward(just listen) do. Shoulder positioning, using the shoulder to create space, and switching shoulder to shoulder to find perfect positioning.

Actual inside fighting like that is essentially a lost art.

Yea he fought a very good fight. Offensive pressure fighters like Hurd are never comfortable being backed up and being forced to be on the defensive on the inside, Hurd was getting jolted with the right hand on the inside all night and he was very uncomfortable against the ropes. Jrock really just took the fight to the bigger man and I really liked this attitude.

The loss he suffered helped him because he know he's not gonna get many more chances so he went out there and really put it all on the line. Didn't see that in a while. Unfortunately most of what we've been getting lately are fighters playing it too safe and then losing decisions and then crying robbery. Great to see fighters taking matters into their own hands for once and really taking the title from the champion.
    Last edited by Dip_Slide; 05-12-2019, 06:09 AM.

Comment

Good thread.
      And yes, inside fighting is definitely a dying part of boxing.
      Williams did an outstanding job of nullifying Hurd's ability to extend & keeping Hurd's shoulders squared up to take some power off of those shots.
      Happy to see my dude JRock get his just dues.

Comment

I agree 100 %

Comment

Originally posted by Dip_Slide View Post
          Yea he fought a very good fight. Offensive pressure fighters like Hurd are never comfortable being backed up and being forced to be on the defensive on the inside, Hurd was getting jolted with the right hand on the inside all night and he was very uncomfortable against the ropes. Jrock really just took the fight to the bigger man and I really liked this attitude.

The loss he suffered helped him because he know he's not gonna get many more chances so he went out there and really put it all on the line. Didn't see that in a while. Unfortunately most of what we've been getting lately are fighters playing it too safe and then losing decisions and then crying robbery. Great to see fighters taking matters into their own hands for once and really taking the title from the champion.

100 percent agreed. I hate watching fighters being okay with just making it close, never putting their foot on the gas and crying robbery. Fighters worth their weight in salt typically pull away in the later rounds of a fight. Despite what we think of Hurd, he would constantly do that himself to his competition. It's why I hate watching guys like Chileemba and Broner. They don't fight to win.

Comment

Good thread.

Comment

Coulda done without the ward mention but yeah i agree

Comment

Originally posted by Dip_Slide View Post

... right... on another hand: it was mostly a clean fight, as Hurd fought clean as well... Hurd did little of notice in the inside -- mostly, I guess, because he looked drained and weak and it seemed he was trying to save his energy for the late rounds... And these, I think, worked perfectly in J-Rock's favor...

Originally posted by Southpawology View Post
                Coulda done without the ward mention but yeah i agree
                ... Ward went "inside" only vs stronger, better opponents (Kessler, Kovalev)... and Ward's "inside game" rather was a form of wrestling, actually...

Comment

Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
                  ... right... on another hand: it was mostly a clean fight, as Hurd fought clean as well... Hurd did little of notice in the inside -- mostly, I guess, because he looked drained and weak and it seemed he was trying to save his energy for the late rounds... And these, I think, worked perfectly in J-Rock's favor...

... Ward went "inside" only vs stronger, better opponents (Kessler, Kovalev)... and Ward's "inside game" rather was a form of wrestling, actually...

Exactly ward wrestled, hugged, butted, forearmed etc. That is not inside "fighting"

Comment

Originally posted by Southpawology View Post
                    Exactly ward wrestled, hugged, butted, forearmed etc. That is not inside "fighting"
                    ... tbh, I blame Ward's handlers for his "style"... Ward injured his right shoulder when he was about 12 of age... his handlers should have made him take a surgery when still young... they didn't, and Ward practically had to fight all his career with one hand, only -- i.e. his left...

Comment

Working...
                    X