No announcement yet.

VIDEO: Sparring.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by machotime View Post
    You are obviously a novice and you should focus on safety first. Dont be boastful or try to be flashy. Acquire a good foundation in regards to proper technique.

Any good boxer can see your jab coming from a mile away... shooting a jab from your hip is irresponsible and leaves you vulnerable. I would have a field day with straight rights.
    Luke has trouble with jabs so I was slowing them down, and blatantly telegraphing them so he would have an opportunity to catch or slip them.

Like I said, constructive sparring. Luke has a tendency to fight tense, so I was helping him relax. I was fighting relaxed, swinging my arms, some times jiggling my body to show how lose I am.

I was not showboating or being boastful, I was teaching by example. Every time you see him drop his hands and shake his arms its because I told he that he was getting to tense and to relax.

The first round of actual sparring was round number 5 of time in the ring. The first 5 rounds were defensive drills. I threw punches at him for 3 rounds, he threw punches at me for 2.

After 3 rounds of sparring, he wanted more help with his defense so I threw punches at him for another 3 rounds.

This was also my first time sparring since December 12th when I was diagnosed with Ulcerative Colitis.

Comment

pick ur left hand up, b4 i used to do that and look back in those fight and i regret doing that but ahhh wth, how much u weight ?

Comment

Originally posted by bluehefner View Post
        pick ur left hand up, b4 i used to do that and look back in those fight and i regret doing that but ahhh wth, how much u weight ?
        141lb. Most people underestimate my size because I look shorter than I am because I have broad shoulders, and look filled out.

But I am actually 5'10" and 141lb

If you watched the first rounds of defense, I always start with my hands up, and my style gradually changes as I figure out my opponents timing, and rhythm and combinations.

Comment

yeah but if your fighting a guy with a big right hand you'll be ****ed

Comment

this pitty pat sparring isnt gonna get you no where once someone lets there hands go on you. But im not going to judge you, you could just be working on relaxing and defensive techniques

Comment

Mate i understand u were showing him how to relax but keep your left hand up. You can still relax with your hands up. Them rounds of sparring aren't good for the amateurs. You both need a higher work rate but keep it up mate.

Comment

I am sorry but that **** in the video was not real sparring. Not trying to come off as if this is a dis but from all the talk on here and the stuff you post, I would of expected better opposition and better skill. Please show us a real sparring session where your opponent was not a moving heavybag. Thank you.

Comment

seriously is this how people spar? at my gym we spar alot harder than that. we go to war. we see it as the harder u work in the gym the easier it will be in da ring. im confused if this is what other clubs r doin?

Comment

Here's the problem I find with you !!Shawn. You talk the talk! But none of your videos have ever backed up your claims of how good you say you are. So far you've posted vids when you've got an injured left hand and a sparring video that doesn't show a damn thing about your own skills you glorify so much. Fair enough you said you were helping the other guy but I think people would've prefered to see an intense sparring session showing us all the skills you've been talking about.

You tell everyone about your skills but I'm sorry, yours vids haven't shown me that your anything special as yet. Remember when some us are watching your vids we're not comparing you to other vids in the forum, or on youtube or people shadowboxing in a wardrobe! We're comparing you to actual fighters we train with day in/day out at our own respective gyms and clubs.

You've got a fair amount of criticism over your vids, some fair comment, some a little harsh but the best way to shut people up would've been to post a good quality intense sparring session.

Just my 2 cents!
                    Last edited by Darkstranger; 06-14-2008, 08:35 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Darkstranger View Post
                      Here's the problem I find with you !!Shawn. You talk the talk! But none of your videos have ever backed up your claims of how good you say you are. So far you've posted vids when you've got an injured left hand and a sparring video that doesn't show a damn thing about your own skills you glorify so much. Fair enough you said you were helping the other guy but I think people would've prefered to see an intense sparring session showing us all the skills you've been talking about.

You tell everyone about your skills but I'm sorry, yours vids haven't shown me that your anything special as yet. Remember when some us are watching your vids we're not comparing you to other vids in the forum, or on youtube or people shadowboxing in a wardrobe! We're comparing you to actual fighters we train with day in/day out at our own respective gyms and clubs.

You've got a fair amount of criticism over your vids, some fair comment, some a little harsh but the best way to shut people up would've been to post a good quality intense sparring session.

Just my 2 cents!
                      Fair enough, and good post, but what you need to realize is that I am not posting these videos to impress people. People can want a video of me sparring hard all they want, I have already said, they are not going to get one.

I am not seeking validation, I am not asking anyone to call me amazing, I have never claimed to be gods gift to boxing, I am simply sharing some of my experience, and hopefully helping a few people in the process.

Comment

Working...
                      X