Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jubei View Post
    I will end you thread right here

I challenge you to answer me this question:

From Light Middleweight (154) to Middleweight (160), to Super Middleweight (168), among all weight classes, among all active fighters, which fighter, outside of possibly Canelo, who would rank ahead of GGG when it comes to resume and accomplishments?
    Specify what you mean by resume accomplishments?

For example-GGG won his 1st title in the boardroom, getting elevated to full champion. Every other champion had to win in the ring. Since they did, doesn't that make their resume accomplishment better?

Take Jrock-he lost to Charlo when Charlo was considered the best at JMW. but came back and beat Hurd,when he was the top ranked JMW.

GGG has never defeated the top ranked MW. Wouldn't his resume accomplishment be better given GGG doesn't have a win as good as JRock's over Hurd?

Comment

Originally posted by _Maxi View Post
      Nope. You have provided zero proof. I like black fighters too. I criticize fighters for their behavior, not their race.
      Did you need proof when accusing others of being racist? This high IQ of yours, when is it going to start working on here?

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
        Did you need proof when accusing others of being racist? This high IQ of yours, when is it going to start working on here?
        I have studies on statistics and other hard stuff for morons like you.
        I have competed in mathematics when I was a kid.
        You have put me on ignore because my superior inteligence have Made you look foolish many times.
        Same for motorracist cobra.

Comment

You have put me on ignore because my superior inteligence have Made you look foolish many times.
          You're looking really stupid right now, mr high IQ. If you actually had an high IQ it'd come across in your posts. Your posts look below average to me, very child like. Maybe your country just has lower standards?

Comment

Originally posted by Nay_Sayer View Post
            Good fighters have good resumes. Great fighters have great resumes. You can't make an argument that a fighter is good or great unless the resume supports your argument.

1 + 1 = 2

The "eye test" isn't enough to make a fighter good or great.
            I think we're probably talking at cross purposes here. I'm offering what I quite freely say is an opinion that Golovkin is a very good fighter H2H, but for whatever reason never got to prove that in his prime against top opponents. You saying he can't be considered a very good or great fighter because he hasn't got the names on his resume which is a slightly different thing.

I personally think evaluating a fighter takes a lil resume a nd a lil eye test... ain't just about who you dispose of but how you dispose of 'em. I think Golovkin had a decent resume of top 10ish MWs but looked better than others like Sturm or Maravilla in beating 'em. This makes him a good fighter if you consider either of those two decent fighters (and Maravilla was still widely regarded as a top 5 P4Per at the time he fought Mackilin). I think he deserved to get the nod in the first fight against Canelo and at least a draw in the rematch. If you consider Canelo a good fighter then I would say you probably also have to consider Golovkin a good fighter.

As an example - did Ward suddenly become an elite fighter on the day he beat Kessler? Did he suddenly develop a whole new skillset and become a much better fighter the moment his hands were raised? No. He was already an elite fighter, just the same as he had been an hour earlier, it was just that he had finally had a chance to prove it. Does that help you understand the point I'm making?

Anyway. What's your take on GGG? Bang average or really pretty good?

Comment

Originally posted by BangEM View Post
              Rolls? Lol.

Canelo was fighting at 154 for a long time and he moved up to fight GGG. GGG has been at 160 throughout his career and by now he should’ve cleaned up 168 and be up there at 175 fighting for titles. The clown didn’t even fight the best at 160.

Jacob is the only credible opponent he beat and it was a close decision.
              Canelo has been essentially a Middleweight for quite a while before fighting Golovkin. He fought above the JM division numerous times and his in ring weight at Middle is probably within a few pounds of Golovkin. He's short but blocky. He takes a punch better than most or all the Middleweights out there not named Golovkin. He has excellent power appropriate for the division. He's not a huge Middleweight but he isn't a small man as some are trying to make out. Golovkin fought most the top challengers in the middleweight division prior to the Canelo fight. Saunders came out in public and said he would get beat by Golovkin. At this stage of his career Canelo is his main priority. He wants those belts and the payday.

Comment

That's all nice and everything -but- do you have high IQ income?

Comment

Originally posted by Koba-Grozny View Post
                  I personally think evaluating a fighter takes a lil resume a nd a lil eye test... ain't just about who you dispose of but how you dispose of 'em.
                  I can agree with this. The two best names on Golovkin's resume are Jacobs and Alvarez - and we all know what happened there...

I think Golovkin had a decent resume of top 10ish MWs but looked better than others like Sturm or Maravilla in beating 'em.
                  Sexy Sergio has the W over the Ghost. That's better than anything Golovkin has managed so far..

This makes him a good fighter if you consider either of those two decent fighters (and Maravilla was still widely regarded as a top 5 P4Per at the time he fought Mackilin).
                  Golovkin is not on par with Martinez, IMO - especially when you consider that Sergio turned pro as a welter and beat a big dominant MW champion.

I think he deserved to get the nod in the first fight against Canelo and at least a draw in the rematch. If you consider Canelo a good fighter then I would say you probably also have to consider Golovkin a good fighter.
                  Alvarez outboxed Golovkin in both fights and I thought the decisions were fair. Especially in the rematch. Golovkin had the opportunity to prove he was a good fighter in the rematch when Alvarez essentially stood right in front of him and dared him to FIGHT. Golovkin took a pass and, IMO, flushed his reputation down the toilet in the process. Alvarez, OTHO, proved he had the constitution of a great fighter. Alvarez is a couple leagues ahead of Golovkin.

As an example - did Ward suddenly become an elite fighter on the day he beat Kessler? Did he suddenly develop a whole new skillset and become a much better fighter the moment his hands were raised? No. He was already an elite fighter, just the same as he had been an hour earlier, it was just that he had finally had a chance to prove it. Does that help you understand the point I'm making?
                  The difference between Ward and Golovkin is that Ward actually beat the Kesslers, Frochs, Dawsons and Kovalevs of the world.

Exactly WHO has Golovkin beaten?

Anyway. What's your take on GGG? Bang average or really pretty good?
                  My take on Golovkin? An HBO hype job who looked good knocking over BUMs and Tomato Cans but either ducked or came up short when confronted with the bigger challenges. He's never *convincingly* beaten a top opponent - and the Andre Ward duck was shameful..
                  Last edited by Nay_Sayer; 06-13-2019, 12:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Nay_Sayer View Post
                    That's all nice and everything -but- do you have high IQ income?
                    For my country? yes, I do. I make more than three times the national average. Probably four times.

My career was damaged by the fact that I suffered from autoimmune diseases during all my 20's and it took years to get a proper diagnoze from doctors. Thanks to my high IQ and investigation by myself, I was able to find exactly what disease I had and get a proper diagnoze and cure for it 1.5 years ago.

I was also never interested on being a millonaire or something like that. I understand that the world has limited resources and I think we must limit our ambitions.

Comment

• Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
                      You're looking really stupid right now, mr high IQ. If you actually had an high IQ it'd come across in your posts. Your posts look below average to me, very child like. Maybe your country just has lower standards?
                      I don't work for an argentinian company. I work for a big US company with US engineers. And they are amazed by my intelligence. I had a meetings yesterday with the CEO to discuss my ideas. So, I can talk with facts behind me.

Comment

Working...
                      X