Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The tiger is the real king of the jungle. Not the lion.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
    Uhh how about because only an anti-Haymon/anti-AA fighter boxing fan will turn a lion vs tiger thread in the lounge into something negative about Haymon/AA fighters, literally out of nowhere. Literally, out of nowhere.. Like, absolutely nothing in his post had anything to do about boxing. But you took his post to take a shot at Charlo/Spence fans for absolutely no reason at all.
    Read the complete sequence post quotes and report back with your analysis, don't judge with your half ass baked knowledge..

Comment

Originally posted by PRINCEKOOL View Post
      I bet you also like talking about dog fighting? Most people who argue over who would win between a Tiger & Lion do.

Pound for pound out in nature, Tigers are probably number 1.

But well that is not what I am here to discuss.
      p4p the strongest cat is currently the Leopads.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingFan85 View Post
        1 on 1 a lion is smaller than a Tiger, a male tiger outweighs a male lion by 50kgs and a feet longer. In India for most part the boundaries and territories don't overlap but there have been confrontations (mostly seen by locals and not filmed) and the tiger gets the best of a lion.
        A lion mostly is with its pride and a tiger is a solitary hunter so the tiger avoids conflicts at all costs.
        What? The African Lion is the second biggest cat behind the Siberian and the Third is the bengal tiger.

And the difference of weight between Serbian tigers and African lions are 25-50 lbs but their dimensions are the same its just that the Serbian tiger is slightly thicker. Bengals are smalller than African lions.

I think you are confusing Asiatic Lions who are much smaller.

Comment

Originally posted by BKM- View Post
          First of all it's a myth that the size discrepancy is that much, even for the Asiatic Lion which is a smaller species than its African cousin.

Secondly I would like to see some proof of your claim. The only place in India where there are any Lions left is Gir forest and these two cats don't live in the same areas so they have no contact.

Your last statement contradicts your own argument. Yes a Lion has a pride to get backup from so they take a lot more chances in fights and are a lot more bold and determined to fight to the death. It's not in a Tiger's instinct to do the same thing even with a size advantage.

That's why Tigers have been chased off by small bears and little Indian wild dogs. Meanwhile male Lions literally confront entire Hyena clans(some are 60+) without any hesitation and drive them all off. Tons of videos on youtube, check them out.

I would think Boxing fans would understand the concept of heart more than anyone. Lions>Tigers.
          For the most part I think you are right but on YouTube there are a few videos of Asian lions tangling with tigers.The couple I saw the lion was by himself and most likely an out cast run off by a dominate male.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
            I be telling people every time. Common misconception that Lions can beat Tigers in a fight because Lions are given the title “king”.

Tigers are huge, bigger than Lions. Tigers are the largest f/cking cat in the world lol. And the fastest. They are bigger, faster, stronger than Lions. Different f/cking weight classes. Tigers are also not social like Lions, they fight and hunt alone. Lions are gangsters/thugs, they need a gang to win fights. Lion is dead meat in a 1 on 1 vs a Tiger. Get the biggest possible male tiger 800lbs vs the biggest possible male lion 500lbs, you’re talking about a slaughter. An unfair fight even when considering only their average weight, which is about 100lbs apart in favor of the tiger. Then consider that the Tiger is a lone fighter. It’s like putting a gangbanger who grew up jumping people to win fights, in the ring with an MMA fighter where his boys and girls can’t jump in. Hell don’t the Lioness do all the hunting? Lmao. Slaughter in favor of the Tiger.
            Tigers never reached weights beyond 650+ in the natural environment they were always in between 520-600 for Siberians while African Lions trail closely behind them by being on Average 550 lbs.

Comment

Originally posted by Thraxox View Post
              What? The African Lion is the second biggest cat behind the Siberian and the Third is the bengal tiger.

And the difference of weight between Serbian tigers and African lions are 25-50 lbs but their dimensions are the same its just that the Serbian tiger is slightly thicker. Bengals are smalller than African lions.

Dimensions and bone structure are not the same.

Tigers legs and front legs are more dense in bone structure and muscular.

But yes many different types of Tigers, and Lions.

Shame about the Barbary Lion.

Comment

Tigers legs and front legs are more dense in bone structure and muscular.

If you compare it to Siberians and African Lions thats where the slight size advantage in mass comes from despite having similar dimensions because they have to adapt on having to compete in 1on1 encounters against Eurasian Brown Bears.

But African Lions are bigger than Bengal Tigers. The Barbary Lion was the same size as Siberians I think. Shame truly.

Comment

Tigers legs and front legs are more dense in bone structure and umuscular.

I read actually that Barbary Lions are only extinct in the Wild and are growing in population in Zoos. Glad to hear the largest Specie of Lion actually has a great chance to make a comeback and TKO extinction inside 11 rounds.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingFan85 View Post
                    Read the complete sequence post quotes and report back with your analysis, don't judge with your half ass baked knowledge..
                    How about you stfu and take your bullsh/t to nsb you phag.

Comment

• Originally posted by Thraxox View Post

All sourced from NatGeo and you are incorrect that Bengal is smaller than African Lion, and more so about Siberian Tiger.

I have seen Asiatic lion and bengal tiger, there are no comparison at all. A bengal tiger is 1.5 times the size of asiactic lion, and African lion may be taller but length wise a Tiger is longer and heavier.

Siberian Tiger is the biggest of cats hands down and weighs a lot more because of he fat reserves.

https://www.nationalgeographic.com/a.../bengal-tiger/

COMMON NAME: Siberian Tiger
                      SCIENTIFIC NAME: Panthera tigris altaica
                      TYPE: Mammals
                      DIET: Carnivores
                      SIZE: 10.75 ft
                      WEIGHT: 660 lbs

COMMON NAME: Bengal Tiger
                      SCIENTIFIC NAME: Panthera tigris tigris
                      AVERAGE LIFE SPAN IN CAPTIVITY: 8 to 10 years.
                      SIZE: Head and body, 5 to 6 ft; tail, 2 to 3 ft
                      WEIGHT: 240 to 500 lbs

COMMON NAME: African Lion
                      SCIENTIFIC NAME: Panthera leo
                      SIZE: Head and body, 4.5 to 6.5 ft; tail, 26.25 to 39.5 in
                      WEIGHT: 265 to 420 lbs

Comment

Working...
                      X