No announcement yet.

Weidman meets Dominick Reyes in light heavyweight debut at UFC Boston

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weidman meets Dominick Reyes in light heavyweight debut at UFC Boston

Chris Weidman will move up to 205 pounds for his next bout, as he meets rising light heavyweight prospect Dominick Reyes in the main event of UFC Boston on Oct. 18. ESPN first reported the booking.

Weidman (14-4) decided to move up a division after losing to former Strikeforce titleholder Ronaldo Souza by third-round knockout last November, dropping to 1-4 with four knockout defeats in his last five wins.

“All American” won 13 straight prior to that, including stoppages over Anderson Silva and Vitor Belfort. The former middleweight king also holds wins over the likes of Kelvin Gastelum, Lyoto Machida, Mark Munoz and Demian Maia.

Unbeaten as a professional, Reyes (11-0) is coming off a close split-decision victory over Volkan Oezdemir in March, improving to 5-0 under the UFC banner. His previous Octagon wins includes names like Ovince St. Preux and Jared Cannonier.

Both fighters already went at it on social media after the five-round fight was reported.

I sure hope he does better than Luke rockhold’s move up to lightweight. Reyes is on the way up. Weidman ain’t doing to hot. He was doing good against sauza but I don’t think he has the instinct for it. And both guys, after a few KO losses, it’s like you’re forever compromised. Minus bisping. Rose from the dead after first hendo fight...

I like weidman though. But both of them definitely have/ had tough fights moving up

Comment

Working...
    X