Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thurman Might Annihilate Pacquiao This Coming July 20.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by spenz View Post
    It's hard to pick against Manny because you know that there's always one more great performance from an all time great.

At the same time you think about it. 41 years of age, had more wars than any fighter in his battle-worn body, still fighting at a weight limit beyond his natural body weight and he's not fighting a stiff fighter,--He's fighting an Elite world champion whose stronger, bigger, longer, more powerful, younger and in his absolute physical prime undefeated Champion. Keith is not faster than Manny but he's faster and more athletic than Danny Garcia, Shawn Porter, Errol Spence and Terrence Crawford.

Pondering with it. How much longer can he hold off against such
    a compounding disadvantage?--how much more handicap can a one man take? .. I think this is a perfect storm for Thurman.

Keith is such a smart man, he knows that this is his one and only shot at greatness, by winning, he can put behind all his competition at welterweight and with Pacquiao's head he is likely to get a supreme leverage is future negotiations against any welterweight. This is why he hired 2 S&C coaches, he dusted-off his ring rust against Jossesito Lopez, and he speaks with utmost confidence never before seen in all of Pacquiao's opponents. He knows he's 120% well-prepared and he's not leaving anything to a chance. He expects to destroy a legend this coming July 20 no ifs and no buts.
    Yeah, this is also what I had in mind. I don't think we're gonna see the same Thurman that we saw in the Lopez fight. I think this will be a well-prepared Thurman who will be fighting the biggest fight of his career - an opportunity for him to become the star and a PPV attraction. So it's hard to imagine an unmotivated Thurman. The perfect opponent for the taking is right in front of him.

The more interesting question to me is what this guy is gonna do next when he beats Pac. Will he fake another injury and go back to his hiding? Will he look for some 2ndtier opponents and test out how his starpower has grown? I just don't believe he's gonna take on Spence or Crawford soon. Probably will consider but might ask a ridiculous amount of money just to make them back off.

Comment

He is only a few months older than when he did a number on Broner and Thurman struggled with mediocre Lopez who isn't even a top 30 fighter. I think Pacquiao will beat him going by their last fights. He might stop him like Lopez almost did.

Comment

Originally posted by Ca$ual Fan View Post
        Yeah, this is also what I had in mind. I don't think we're gonna see the same Thurman that we saw in the Lopez fight. I think this will be a well-prepared Thurman who will be fighting the biggest fight of his career - an opportunity for him to become the star and a PPV attraction. So it's hard to imagine an unmotivated Thurman. The perfect opponent for the taking is right in front of him.

The more interesting question to me is what this guy is gonna do next when he beats Pac. Will he fake another injury and go back to his hiding? Will he look for some 2ndtier opponents and test out how his starpower has grown? I just don't believe he's gonna take on Spence or Crawford soon. Probably will consider but might ask a ridiculous amount of money just to make them back off.
        You should use the word if not when he beats Pac. The Lopez fight was Thurman defending his world title and that was the best he could fight on that night. You just assume he will be so much better for Pacquiao but maybe he won't be. I go by what I see and I think Pacquiao has an excellent chance to win. Thurman only beat Garcia and Porter by a small amount and he may not be that good anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by spenz View Post
          It's hard to pick against Manny because you know that there's always one more great performance from an all time great.

At the same time you think about it. 41 years of age, had more wars than any fighter in his battle-worn body, still fighting at a weight limit beyond his natural body weight and he's not fighting a stiff fighter,--He's fighting an Elite world champion whose stronger, bigger, longer, more powerful, younger and in his absolute physical prime undefeated Champion. Keith is not faster than Manny but he's faster and more athletic than Danny Garcia, Shawn Porter, Errol Spence and Terrence Crawford.

Pondering with it. How much longer can he hold off against such
          a compounding disadvantage?--how much more handicap can a one man take? .. I think this is a perfect storm for Thurman.

Keith is such a smart man, he knows that this is his one and only shot at greatness, by winning, he can put behind all his competition at welterweight and with Pacquiao's head he is likely to get a supreme leverage is future negotiations against any welterweight. This is why he hired 2 S&C coaches, he dusted-off his ring rust against Jossesito Lopez, and he speaks with utmost confidence never before seen in all of Pacquiao's opponents. He knows he's 120% well-prepared and he's not leaving anything to a chance. He expects to destroy a legend this coming July 20 no ifs and no buts.
          Yeah, that's why if old ass, shot to **** Pacquiao manages to win this fight, we'll have to give him the TBE, FOTD, GOAT and specially the BTM (Better than Mayweather) awards, he will deserve them.

Comment

Well he should... he's 10 years younger and in his prime. Pac is playing with house money.

Comment

Love Manny but I think Thurman will beat him... Annihilate him? No. Who annihilate Manny? Marquez 1 punched KOd him but it was a hard fight for him.

I think Thurman will be in his bicycle and counter Manny with his longer reach with hard shots.

Comment

Anything can happen in boxing. You don't need to change your username just to post this.

Comment

I hope so. Time for these old fighters to retire forcefully if they wont leave peacefully.

Comment

A lot of people seem to be picking against Thurman because of his last fight. He had been out about 2 years. Lopez isn’t great but he’s no joke if you have been out of the ring 2 years with injuries.

Thurman beat Porter and Garcia back to back. If he can get back to that now he’s had a fight and been training, then he could be too much for 40 year old Manny at this point.

Thurman had become a bit of a forgotten man, but we should remember the guy was probably no.1 WW in the world before his injuries and on a good run of beating good fighters.

Comment

Thurman has a big mouth

Comment

Working...
                      X