Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OLD Video of Thurman calling Paulie out. Funny how Karma comes back to you.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Joe Beamish View Post
    AWESOME! This one caught me unawares and I blurted out laughing
    I love your avatar.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
      Thurman is being way to slow and careful with his comeback. Lopez is ranked 8th by the WBA so it's an acceptable title defense but nobody else ranks him at all except bocrec who rank every pro boxer in the world. Boxrec ranks him 35th in the world so he is a cherry pick for Thurman who claims he is still the number 1 welterweight in the world. Thurman says he won't fight Spence until 2020. To me Spence is the number 1 welterweight in the world with Crawford number 2 and Porter number 3. Thurman must prove himself all over again and KOing Lopez won't prove much.
      I disagree. Slow? Maybe, but careful? Not really. He's been off for a long time, sustained various injuries and he needs a comeback fight or two. It would be silly to jump straight back in with the top dogs without even testing out his body or his sharpness. Lopez is a tough, credible opponent. Thurman should win but it's no push over. Then he can look towards bigger and better fights. People are too overly critical of Thurman in my opinion and they underrate his chances against the likes of Spence and Crawford. Personally I think Spence-Thurman is a harder fight to call than Spence-Crawford. I think Spence stops Crawford. Too big. Spence-Thurman is the real fight to determine the best welterweight.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
        Thurman is being way to slow and careful with his comeback. Lopez is ranked 8th by the WBA so it's an acceptable title defense but nobody else ranks him at all except bocrec who rank every pro boxer in the world. Boxrec ranks him 35th in the world so he is a cherry pick for Thurman who claims he is still the number 1 welterweight in the world. Thurman says he won't fight Spence until 2020. To me Spence is the number 1 welterweight in the world with Crawford number 2 and Porter number 3. Thurman must prove himself all over again and KOing Lopez won't prove much.
        You're supposed to cherrypick for a comeback fight. Especially when you're coming back from injuries (vs. a suspension), he needs to see how his injuries fare under duress. He could have fought a nobody ranked 9,000th, at least he's fighting a guy boxing fans know who knows how to box.

There are a lot of guys he can fight at WW in the interim, he can fight 3 times in 2019 with a steady increase in opponent caliber and fight for a title in 2020. Jumping straight in with Spence would be a dumb decision, anyone can see that. Maybe he could win, but why risk it so early?

As boxing fans we want to see the best fight the best, so why would you want to see the best take on someone who's not at 100% since he took a lot of time off for injuries?

Comment

Broner didnt outtalk him either

Comment

People are unfair to Thurman....He fought Porter n DSG back 2 back then had an injury/layoff and people expect him to not have tune ups and just go fight a guy like Spence???

Comment

Working...
            X