Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Keith starts losing fights, will Pac's win be forgotten about?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If Keith starts losing fights, will Pac's win be forgotten about?

A lot of people (including me) feel that Pac accomplished something historic that will define his legacy and puts him on Floyd's level. However, I can't help but think of other fighters who had HUGE wins that faded in significance after that opponent went on to lose other fights.

If Thurman looks bad after this, will this historic win be downgraded?
    Yes, it will lose significance.
    30.77%
    No, people will always respect this huge win.
    69.23%

Thurman is probably never going to be the same after that fight. He took a lot of damage, got dropped, had a bloody nose, and took a hard body shot. He gave it all he had in there.

If he starts losing after that, it would just mean he was never the same after fighting Manny.

Comment

I think hardcore fans are likely to do this cuz its not an uncommon thing to reassess a W as we move forward, but Manny's rep extends to all boxing fans & casuals just live in the moment so I don't suspect many of them will care if Keith never wins another fight. So to the mass of Manny's fans this won't matter at all.

Comment

Of course

It could also work in opposite. This win can look better over time if Keith goes on doing some good work

Just like Floyd’s victories over manny and Canelo getting better over time

Comment

Originally posted by Vlad_ View Post
          Thurman is probably never going to be the same after that fight. He took a lot of damage, got dropped, had a bloody nose, and took a hard body shot. He gave it all he had in there.

If he starts losing after that, it would just mean he was never the same after fighting Manny.
          I'm not confident Thurman is the same from before his 2 years off.

One of the more interesting facts with this fight going into it was Thurman had more questions on him than Manny, the old guy, did which is a pretty uncommon thing. I honestly thought youth would still overcome the questions, & it almost did, but Manny was too good or Thurman lost more than most thought or he never even had it THAT good to begin with.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
            A lot of people (including me) feel that Pac accomplished something historic that will define his legacy and puts him on Floyd's level. However, I can't help but think of other fighters who had HUGE wins that faded in significance after that opponent went on to lose other fights.

I dont think so, it's obvious Thurman can't throw that right hand the same anymore, doesn't have the confidence in that shoulder but he still a genuinely top fighter, rounds 6-12 showed that.

Dude is beatable, always has been, but he's a winner and has pulled out some tough wins when his back was against the wall. You have to look at what Porter and Garcia couldn't do, and what an aged 40 pac did against Thurman. It was a tremendous performance, the craft Manny shows nowadays is still next level.

Now whether he did that or much of his career clean...different convo

Comment

To an extent yes. It remains a great win regardless but the reason Floyd’s win over Canelo looks more to impressive now is largely based on what Canelo has gone on to achieve.

Comment

If another 40 year old beats him then yes.

Comment

depends on who is doing the ranking..

Comment

Thurman has the best resume of the welters and did well in the fight. He won't decline.

Comment

Working...
                    X