Rey Vargas vs Tomoki Kameda

BETTING ODDS:

Brant: TBA Murata TBA
    Dubois: -200 Gorman: +150
    Joyce: -450 Jennings: +350
    Vargas: TBA Kameda: TBA

Ways fighters can win:
    Decision: WIDE or CLOSE
    KO: EARLY (1-4), MID (5-8) or LATE (9-12)

Examples of the ways you can state your decision:

PICK EM CREW, Murata, KO, Mid x3
    PICK EM CREW, GORMAN, DEC, WIDE x2
    If no multiplier is specified in your pick (ie x2, x3) then it will be assumed that no multiplier is being used (x1)
    If you wish to pick a Draw result, simply state your Username, both fighter names and DRAW, ie:

PICK EM CREW, JOYCE, JENNINGS, DRAW
    IMPORTANT NOTE: NONE OF THE WBSS FIGHTS CAN BE SCORED A DRAW - ONE FIGHTER WILL ALWAYS BE DECLARED A WINNER. ANY UNCORRECTED DRAW PICKS ON THE WBSS WILL BE WASTED.

NOTES:
    -Picking the correct winner earns 20 pts
    -Picking the correct method earns 10 pts
    -Picking the correct detail is worth 10 pts
    -Draws are worth 120 pts. A perfect pick without a multiplier is 40pts.

-CLOSE is <12 pts difference, or anything closer than 116-112 on all three scorecards. WIDE is >=12 pts difference, or anything equivalent to 116-112 on all three cards or wider.

-If you'd like to change your pick before the fight starts, post in this thread to do so. Ideally tag me so that I don't miss it.

-2X doubles your points and 3X triples your points. Everyone starts with 5 doubles and 3 triples to use throughout the year. If you forget how many you have left, check the leaderboard in the master thread.

Sticky me -MEGA-, BostonGuy, TBear, jaded, LoadedWraps, bigjavi973

Okay gentlemen, welcome to the first Pick Em for the second half of 2019. Unusually we're going with 4 fights on a single thread this week, mainly cos I couldn't figure out how to split 'em down for the best... the 2 UK HW bouts on the same card naturally belonged together, but since the other two fights fall chronologically on separate sides I didn't really want to throw them on their own thread. Damn... I really do think too much about this ish...

All 4 fights here carry their own kind of intrigue... Ryota looking for revenge here - technically he's a polished fighter, but Brant's slickness just seemed to leave him baffled stylistically last time out... can he do anything different in the re-run?

Dubois and Gorman, two of the UKs hottest HW prospects who have something of a rivalry going on... on paper it's the classic boxer vs puncher match up.. most regard Gorman as the more skilled of the pair, but is he skilled enough?

Joyce vs Jennings... timely - past time even - gatekeeper battle for the oldest prospect in the game. Past his best By-By may be, but for most people's money he's still at least as good as anyone the Juggernaut has faced to date, even coming off a loss.

Kameda and Vargas seek to bring a conclusion to a rivalry stretching back to their amateur days... Vargas came away victorious then and his performance in the pro ranks would have to suggest he's rightfully favourite to get the nod again, but Tomoki won't be looking to make it easy for him.

... and don't get your asses caught out by the time zones. Brant vs Murata will be airing Friday morning (ESPN+ streams the card from 7am apparently) in the US or lunchtimeish for those in the UK / western Europe, so I'd recommend getting your picks in early!

Good luck, gentlemen..

K
    Last edited by PICK EM CREW; 07-08-2019, 04:06 AM.

Comment

SceneBoxer:
      Brant, Dec, Close
      Dubois, Ko, Mid
      Joyce, Ko, Mid
      Vargas, Dec, Close

Comment

jpowell100 Brant decision close
        Dubois decision close
        Joyce mid ko
        Vargas decision close

Comment

DuckAdonis

Brant, Decision, Wide
          Gorman, Decision, Close
          Joyce, KO, Late
          Vargas, Decision, Close

Comment

I assume the thread for Khan v Dib, Peter v Fury and Allen v Price will be up soon?

Comment

Originally posted by jpowell100 View Post
              I assume the thread for Khan v Dib, Peter v Fury and Allen v Price will be up soon?
              Please no...

Comment

BigZ44, Murata, DEC, Wide
                BigZ44, Gorman/Dubois, Draw
                BigZ44, Joyce, KO, Late
                BigZ44, Vargas, DEC, Close

Comment

Originally posted by jpowell100 View Post

I was gonna, man, but I was overwhelmed by the magnitude of the events and suffered a bout of performance anxiety... deepest apologies.

Comment

FrankieClutch

Brant via close decision
                    Dubois via close decision
                    Jennings via late TKO
                    Vargas via wide decision

Comment

Working...
                    X