Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Josh Warrington Edges Kid Galahad With Split Decision To Retain

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ugly Fight, Warrington did more offensively not a whole lot more Galahad slick but dosent do enough offensively to turn Warrington back. He made Warrington miss a lot but dint make Josh pay enough. Warrington had a lot more trouble getting off clean shots and combos like he did against Frampton. Dint seem like the same focused fighter like in the Frampton fight through punch after puch here way more sporadic. had a hard time landing clean on the kid. He landed a few good right hands that against Galahad but never a sustained volley. I take Gary Russell over him Leo would be a all action fight Valdez as well Id like to see that.

Comment

• Originally posted by BodiesInFlight View Post
      I'm not sure what Galahad did to win really. He was hugging and smothering. at least Warrington pressed.
      Landing punches for one. you can't say the same about Warrington.

Comment

• The ref was way too soft on Galahad
        holding, clinching. Other refs would have taken a point. Close fight but not enough from Galahad.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr Giggles View Post
          Do you people just scream robbery at anything.
          Some of them do, yes. It's dorky contrarian BS masquerading as "a keener eye". Like the boxing fan equivalent of a professional truther.

Comment

• Originally posted by Red Skull View Post
            Josh Warrington by home town decision, surprise surprise lol! This fight should be done again in neutral venue.
            Done again? Anyone who wants a rematch of that fight needs a check up from the neck up. Warrington won, that muslim guy came to run and hold and bored everyone.
            Last edited by richardt; 06-15-2019, 06:07 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
              Landing punches for one. you can't say the same about Warrington.
              ... a draw would have been a better decision...

Comment

• Josh Warrington has somehow managed to beat Selby, Frampton and Galahad, all 3 way better boxers than him.

His unbelievable workrate and pace has been the key to all those wins.

He has one of the best resumes in the sport. But he's not good enough to make the P4P list. This is an example where a resume isn't everything.

Still, props to him.

Comment

• Originally posted by paulf View Post
                  Oh, I hear you.

But if no one is landing a goddamn thing, the judges are going to give it to the champ/local favorite. That's how professional boxing goes.... Galahad should know that.

Like I said early in the fight thread, Galahad was going to need to do more than just control the ring to get that belt.

Warrington got eight rounds because there were probably eight rounds where the judges said "No one really landed anything eye catching. Round to champion"
                  I felt like Galahad landed some pretty good counters, and largely evaded all of Warrington's attacks.

I think Galahad should have put some more meat on those punches; to the judges they may not notice them as much as they seemed not to hurt warrington.

But honestly, these were crap scorecards. Warrington looked bewildered in there. And I just can't stand when judges put a tick on the champions column before the round even begins and then it's up to the challenger to prove them wrong.

I think that's what happened here.

Comment

• Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
                    ... a draw would have been a better decision...
                    A draw seemed fair to me

Comment

• It was a crap watch and scrappy but i just don’t see how anyone can find that many rounds for Warrington.

I thought Galahad won 7-5, 8-4, that kind of fight.

I suppose you could say that Galahad spent too much time holding and potshotting, but that’s sometimes how you deal with someone like Warrington with his workrate. It’s not easy to win the title that way, but if you win more rounds, you win the fight..

Comment

Working...
                      X