Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boxing Scene: the death site? 5 of the top 100 posters are dead

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yep i agree with the two posts above, I come on here most days out the week (mainly at work on lunch breaks) and it's something I can see myself doing for as long as I love boxing which will probably be till the day I go.

Comment

Originally posted by jsmith_tsu View Post
      My Gawd u have alot of post.

i've been on the website for almost 10 years and i used to watch and talk a lot more boxing than i do today. i don't regret that part of it, i suppose. i do love the sport and i was truly obsessed with it in my 20's. i've just realized that there are better things to do on a saturday or friday night than watch a bad fight. god bless the internet, if you stay off social media you can watch a lot of these fights the next morning on the apps.

Comment

Originally posted by jreckoning View Post
        Really? I do. 5 out of 100 is crazy over maybe 9 years imo so trying to get a handle on it.
        Question that I'm sure you've been asked. How are you confirming these people are actually dead?

Comment

I've seen the passing of several high volume posters from some of the different forums I visit. In most cases they were sedentary, mostly due to health issues. If your mind is still running strong but your body is failing, you're probably more likely to be communicating online a lot.

That's not to say everyone who posts a lot is unhealthy. I'm constantly going, going, going, and the fact that I'm constantly on my phone is just part of my inability to remain still for more than 15 seconds.

I do think that people who post a ton are less likely to be in good health though. I don't see any relation to boxing scene because, like I said, I've seen the same thing on other forums. It's spooky shyt.

Comment

where do I see this top 100 and where do I stand, and RIP to the fallen soliders before me!

Comment

Originally posted by jsmith_tsu View Post
              My Gawd u have alot of post.
              When one is never wrong and uses attrition tactics, that tends to happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Lomadeaux View Post
                Question that I'm sure you've been asked. How are you confirming these people are actually dead?
                I would never say this without poster's proof in threads.

When you see the death notice and people who know them in real life tell you, that's confirmation.

Anybody I listed there is verification.

Be weird as hell to fake your death in regard to a boxing site. (I guess if somebody got so worked up you liked Lomachenko they wanted to harm you or kill you.... LOL.
                Last edited by jreckoning; 06-18-2019, 01:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                  If I stop posting here it's probably cause I passed away. No reason to not post here tbh, i'm not that busy even though i'm really busy. Nobody here is a celeb doing tours and sh/t like that, or a movie star or big time athlete. Either you die or maybe you got bored of the internet altogether and that's impossible
                  Originally posted by Beercules View Post
                  Yeah I'm with Kev ^^^^^^

If you guys ever see me stop posting all together I probably kicked it
                  ditto.

boxingscene is the perfect time filler when you're on your lunch break, or commuting or you're just bored af and have nothing to do.

but what really keeps me coming back here is the humour.

the unintentional humor on nsb, the funny ****ers from the lounge, the hilarious beefs in the dome.

if i ever stop posting all together it'll mean i died or my mom kicked me out of her basement.

in both cases i'm fvvcked

Comment

Originally posted by jreckoning View Post
                    I would never say this without poster's proof in threads.

When you see the death notice and people who know them in real life tell you, that's confirmation.

Anybody I listed there is verification.

Be weird as hell to fake your death in regard to a boxing site. (I guess if somebody got so worked up you liked Lomachenko they wanted to harm you or kill you.... LOL.
                    Yea, I guess what I mean is... Most people would never really bring up BoxingScene.com in everyday conversations so after death, it would be pretty difficult to let people know this actually happened.

It's very tough for me to bring this forum up in real life conversation. It's rather embarrassing reading the viewpoints of the majority of this forum.

Comment

"Nobody gets out of here alive". Al Swearingen.

Comment

Working...
                      X