No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: The Canelo-Jacobs Numbers Need To Add Up For NSAC & DAZN

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by EasternEuroFan View Post
    His eyes glazed over at the thought of paying about $20 for the month?

His eye's would've been crying a river if you told him it was the usual $90 PPV then surely?
    What people do in the USA is have fight parties and split the cost, or go to bars and see it

Comment

Originally posted by Oldskoolg View Post
      What people do in the USA is have fight parties and split the cost, or go to bars and see it
      Sure, but if you have enough money to spend the night in a bar, then i don't think your eyes are going glaze over at the thought of $20.

Comment

Originally posted by BIG GUNZ View Post
        I don’t know why though since so many have subscriptions for Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime, etc. $100 a year is a steal compared to having to order $70 PPVs.
        The cost isn't really the issue as guys kiddush get together and split costs. Nobody wants to subscribe to something they never heard of, esp with a cringey name like "da zone". Let's not pretend it's ANYWHERE on the level of Netflix, which has a ton of useful content.
        Originally posted by Oldskoolg View Post
        I would have expected the young guy to know all this app computer jazz. That’s saying a lot. Not one person at work had asked me
        About the fight, not one. This promotion a week out strategy hasn’t worked
        I've seen nothing in terms of promotion. Canelo fights are always advertised heavily here in AZ with the huge Mexican American population. There's nothing. IDK how you pay this guy that much and then drop the ball like that.

I'm not against dazn one bit. I think they are just poorly run and can't sustain like this. They already had to bump up the price because it wasn't working.

Comment

... the article reads: "the IBF middleweight doesn’t feel like he needs a knockout to secure a draw with Canelo Alvarez on Saturday night."

... poor Jacobs!!! ... he seems he didn't learn much from the "judging" in those GGG fights ...

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
            The cost isn't really the issue as guys kiddush get together and split costs. Nobody wants to subscribe to something they never heard of, esp with a cringey name like "da zone". Let's not pretend it's ANYWHERE on the level of Netflix, which has a ton of useful content.

I've seen nothing in terms of promotion. Canelo fights are always advertised heavily here in AZ with the huge Mexican American population. There's nothing. IDK how you pay this guy that much and then drop the ball like that.

I'm not against dazn one bit. I think they are just poorly run and can't sustain like this. They already had to bump up the price because it wasn't working.
            I'm not sure if there is a bigger resistance against new services in the US. The guy was even asking you on how to watch that fight.

It's a clear logical process, 20$ for something that would usually cost 70-80$ + additional content for the next three weeks.

=> Getting more for paying less

And even if he is unsatisfied with the service, the worse that could happen is spending 20$.

But I'm assuming that u are not a dazn hater and objectively told him about dazn.

And all this talk about it being on an app. Its 2019 lol. How can this in any way be a problem, if Netflix and chill is an everyday expression.

Comment

BoxingScene is owned by CBS, who also owns SHO. That explains the article.

Comment

Originally posted by James Hunt View Post
                BoxingScene is owned by CBS, who also owns SHO. That explains the article.
                ... exactly... and they have to protect their business, right?...

Comment

Originally posted by Frankie2Jabs View Post
                  Keith Idec must be feeling upset he bet on Gennady by KO twice against Canelo. Did he write articles about Crawford Khan PPV needing to “add up?”

Bitter reporting if you ask me. He insinuates great pricing for Jacobs Canelo fans, an offer that many would find plentiful, but then goes into skepticism about DAZN’s future retention... foreshadowing the likelihood that it would somehow make sense for Canelo to win because DAZN “needs it.”

Geez man, write an article specifically about Moretti, Weisman, Feldman while you’re at it...
                  Nah, don't think it has anything to do with GGG. Considering GGG is in NO way connected to PBC/SHO, it's unlikely anyone from BS would be in favor of him.

It's all about hammering down the competition. BoxingScene is owned by CBS, who also owns SHO.

Comment

Originally posted by James Hunt View Post
                    Nah, don't think it has anything to do with GGG. Considering GGG is in NO way connected to PBC/SHO, it's unlikely anyone from BS would be in favor of him.

It's all about hammering down the competition. BoxingScene is owned by CBS, who also owns SHO.
                    Oh that’s right! Forgot about that! No wonder my DAZN pricing threads got shut down. Hope the mods getting paid well

Comment

Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
                      ... exactly... and they have to protect their business, right?...
                      Of course. The old guard (TR, PBC) feels threatened by newcomers DAZN. So ofc they'll try to do anything to protect themselves. For example, AJ was banned from all the ESPN network platforms. And SHO side is, among other things, using BS to do a lot of dirty work for them.
                      For me, it's more of a sign of recognition of DAZN as a real threat than the opposite.

Comment

Working...
                      X