Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Waddell investment down to the last 82M? OUT of (521M)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by aldo5408 View Post
    If this is true I wonder what haymons plan. Was all along?

Was it just to rape Waddell?
    As that post indicated the money came from three different funds. The total sum of those funds are in the billions, so while this particular component, or investment, has tanked, It doesn't appear that it has had much effect on the overall value of those three funds because they are being propped up by better investments. You ever hear the term, diversify your portfolio? Well, this is a good example of it. Those funds would have secure investments in things like technology, government, etc. but it also has high risk elements like the money they allocated to pbc. The IVY ASSET STRATEGY fund that is listed has lost only lost 8% of its value while the pbc stock has dropped 84%. As you can see its impact is minimal and that 8% loss can be attributed to many other factors aside from PBC.

So, was this a plot to rip off Waddell and Reed? Possibly. But it's more than likely that they colluded with Haymon so that they could all benefit. Remember most investors are choosing a fund on overall performance. Most don't know what's even in the fund itself. They just know how it's supposed to perform. So, will they even care if the pbc stock lost money as long as the rest of the fund performed well? Of course not. Which is what makes it a perfect crime. This happens a lot in mining. A developer will tell his friends at a management company that he's found this great piece of land that is perfect for mining. They both know it's bull**** but they allocate money from a fund to it and the parties involved make some cash while the client's portfolio takes a small hit. Sometimes that hit isn't even noticeable because the rest of the fund performs amazingly.

I think this was either a scam , which as I said happens often, or it was a poorly executed idea. I can't fathom someone could possibly think overpaying unknown boxers to land a TV deal is a good idea. The ufc model works because they pay their guys a sustainable amount. If someone does pick up pbc you will see the purses plummet because nobody would pay that kind of money for the ratings they get.

Comment

Who cares if he only has 82 million left. The time buys are already paid for - that's why they're called time buys. Lol
      His investors knew good and damn well he was gonna spend the money and they knew this was/is a long term investment. They're not selling cocaine! You're not gonna flip your money overnight. I bet his investors aren't pushing the panic button.

Comment

Originally posted by Clegg View Post
        Just to be clear, this is just something that was posted on reddit by a random/anonymous person and so could be (is?) 100% untrue?
        All the guy on reddit is doing is posting publicly available information. He's just making updates every few months. What people do with that information doesn't appear to be his concern.

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
          All the guy on reddit is doing is posting publicly available information. He's just making updates every few months. What people do with that information doesn't appear to be his concern.
          The information is available on Waddell reed's website. You can track every stock and fund they have. I'm baffled that people think these numbers are made up when the company itself posts them. Just goes to show you how demented people on here are that they don't even believe verifiable facts.

Comment

Originally posted by lizard_man View Post
            where the f did all the money go? the purses were only 1.5 mill at the most. How much has he been paying for air time? did he use some of that money for the Golden Boy settlement and buying out some of the Golden Boy contracts?
            Well, apart from fighter purses, time buys, production costs and all that other stuff... gotta stay fly

https://flightaware.com/resources/registration/N270MC

http://flightaware.com/resources/registration/N7799T

http://planedb.net/aircraft/275HZ-haymon-sports-llc.htm

Also legal fees to buy some fighters out.... all adds up over time really. That's why I'm guessing the CBS show is called Showtime on CBS and not PBC and Showtime is getting a lot more fights now compared to last year

Comment

My source has no reason to lie
              He was correct about the first 6 months
              Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
              So are they screwing up and losing a shit ton of money here? Or is this basically a fund that was always intended to be spent like this? Does it take into account money made from ticket sales, sponsorship etc.?

Comment

drug money.

doe.

Comment

Originally posted by Hougigo View Post
                  Well, apart from fighter purses, time buys, production costs and all that other stuff... gotta stay fly

https://flightaware.com/resources/registration/N270MC

http://flightaware.com/resources/registration/N7799T

http://planedb.net/aircraft/275HZ-haymon-sports-llc.htm

Also legal fees to buy some fighters out.... all adds up over time really. That's why I'm guessing the CBS show is called Showtime on CBS and not PBC and Showtime is getting a lot more fights now compared to last year
                  Excellent post Green k sent

Comment

you mean sticking mediocre boxing with terrible production and gameshow entrances on dying network tv when it was already being pushed out of espn 2 timeslots didn't catch on? harvard
                    Last edited by ////; 01-29-2016, 01:59 AM.

Comment

This guy from reddit say this,
                      Stopped right about here.

They all want to see Haymon fall. But will he?

Doubt it.

Comment

Working...
                      X