No announcement yet.

Matchroom fights lined up for 2019

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mammoth View Post
    Why wouldn't they just make Farmer vs Diaz after Farmer gets passed the Frenchman?
    There's apparently yet another IBF final eliminator going down, not sure when Farmer will have to deal with that, but to me it's sounded like he doesn't fancy that Diaz fight too much. Also think GB is eyeing that WBC title for when Berchelt moves up in the near future and if he unifies the WBO and then goes up, they're positioned for a shot at that belt as well. Honestly, if Tank and Berchelt move up soon, DAZN will have a hegemony on the belts at 130.

Comment

• Originally posted by BigZ44 View Post
      There's apparently yet another IBF final eliminator going down, not sure when Farmer will have to deal with that, but to me it's sounded like he doesn't fancy that Diaz fight too much. Also think GB is eyeing that WBC title for when Berchelt moves up in the near future and if he unifies the WBO and then goes up, they're positioned for a shot at that belt as well. Honestly, if Tank and Berchelt move up soon, DAZN will have a hegemony on the belts at 130.

I think Hooker, Gassiev and Farmer will be on the July 27th card

Comment

• Originally posted by Randall Cunning View Post
        I think Hooker, Gassiev and Farmer will be on the July 27th card
        Yeah, should be Farmer/Frenois on that card, but IBF has ordered Ogawa/Fuzile for the mando position, not sure when that would be called. Farmer should have time for at least one defense in between I would think. Hope Hooker and Ramirez unify and Gassiev gets a good opponent on that card

Comment

Why wouldn't they just make Farmer vs Diaz after Farmer gets passed the Frenchman?
          I mean if GRJ goes to DAZN, why not make him vs Farmer? GRJ is a bigger name and beat Diaz. So making Farmer vs Diaz instead of Farmer vs GRJ makes little sense.

Comment

• Is Tom Little vs Lucas Browne a Matchroom card?

Comment

Is Tom Little vs Lucas Browne a Matchroom card?
              Nah, dont think anyone knows who's doing that card. Just watched a Tom Little interview, even he dont know who the promoter is. Matchroom are doing the Hooker card on that date

Comment

Nah, dont think anyone knows who's doing that card. Just watched a Tom Little interview, even he dont know who the promoter is. Matchroom are doing the Hooker card on that date
                Got ya. Yeah, Matchroom aren't going to counter program themselves.

Comment

• Lorenzo Simpson been added to Saturdays card. New signing maybe?

Comment

Lorenzo Simpson been added to Saturdays card. New signing maybe?

Guessing he was just added for ticket sales, which I'm sure can't be very good. Kid's from Baltimore and has fought at the venue before, so kinda like when they had Nico Hernandez fight on that Kansas card, just not to the same extent

Comment

• Originally posted by BigZ44 View Post
                      Guessing he was just added for ticket sales, which I'm sure can't be very good. Kid's from Baltimore and has fought at the venue before, so kinda like when they had Nico Hernandez fight on that Kansas card, just not to the same extent
                      I wouldn’t suggest it’s because ticket sales are poor, it’s a fairly obvious suggestion to put local fighters on any card. Eddie does it consistently with matchroom in the uk and you have already seen him choose locations based on fighters in the US too. Often fighters have their own following so can add ticket sales and therefore guaranteed revenue.

Comment

Working...
                      X