No announcement yet.

Deontay Wilder should be banned for good, says partner of tragic fighter

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DreamFighter View Post
    you dont think if he say he wants someone dead, and they die, and he appears to have acted outside the rulesof the game with a late blow..

Well good luck to you, but a lawyer could argue differently.
    He has to act outside the rules. If he doesn't, he has no worries.

Comment

I definitely think Wilder needs to watch what he says with sh^t like this more as a cat in the public eye, but idk about banning any fighter for good over words whatever those words happen to be.

That said I wouldn't be mad at boxers getting suspended or penalized for saying things deemed over the line with negative/offensive sh^t at all if there was someone who was a legitimate power structure who controlled all of boxing like the NFL does for football. But with how things work know there are so many lil groups that have some power mfers saying something that would be a punishable thing would have 6 different groups having 6 different stances & therefore 6 different outlooks that could range from "who gives a f#ck" to "he needs to be banned from boxing" which makes this more of a clusterf#ck than this sorta sh^t would be if some linebacker said he wanted to kill a quarterback in the NFL.

Problem for boxing as a whole in general & with this specific issue is there is no ent^ty who represents all of boxing. Even the groups who have the most power (specific commissions, ABC Groups & specific promoters) don't seem to wanna use that power for the greater good of boxing as often as they should be using it partially I imagine cuz you don't wanna piss off too many of the other powerful groups in boxing &/or the boxers that you do get told you've overstepped your boundary.

Comment

you dont think if he say he wants someone dead, and they die, and he appears to have acted outside the rulesof the game with a late blow..

Well good luck to you, but a lawyer could argue differently.
        That's a completely different issue.

Comment

Originally posted by joseph5620 View Post
          That's a completely different issue.
          and quite possible within the confines of a fight thats supposed to be lawful at the start, you've seen late blows many times.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyGe View Post
            They should tell him if it happens again you will be stripped of your title. There is no place for that kind of reckless promotion in boxing.
            How long have you been around? That kind of “reckless promotion “ has been around forever.

Comment

Originally posted by just the facts View Post
              How long have you been around? That kind of “reckless promotion “ has been around forever.
              So it's been around forever. So have a lot of things that should change. Boxing is on the decline . There's no need for that type of promotion it's not improving boxing's the image. The WBC should come out with something strong to put an end to it.

Comment

Wilder is just trying to get that publicity man, yall know damn well if Wilder actually killed a guy in the ring he'd be the first one tending to him (ala canelo after his crazy ko of amir khan) and then cry about it how he regrets it and he'd say "I know I have made statements in the past about catching a body but that was all for entertainment man this right here is a tragedy"

I do feel for the lady tho but wilder ain't gon kill nobody relax

Comment

and quite possible within the confines of a fight thats supposed to be lawful at the start, you've seen late blows many times.
                  Wilder talked about what he was legally allowed to do. Obviously punching after the bell is not one of them. Separate issue.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyGe View Post
                    So it's been around forever. So have a lot of things that should change. Boxing is on the decline . There's no need for that type of promotion it's not improving boxing's the image. The WBC should come out with something strong to put an end to it.
                    As long as the main objective in boxing is to punch another man hard enough to render him unconscious, it will be what it is. It's just not a politically correct sport. MMA is even worse and growing in leaps and bounds.

Comment

Originally posted by blue_dolphin View Post
                      if a guy like Lara or Saunders said this nobody would give a fck. . but Wilder has the means to actually kill a mofo so its scary coming from him lol. i understand the whole buildup angle but i also sympathize with this woman.
                      Well any fighter has the means. In fact, it’s the cumulative effect of many punches over the course of a longer fight that usually ends up killing guys. Getting starched with a single shot in the first round actually saved breazeale from a lot of punishment. Those lighter punching guys you mentioned probably do more damage to their opponents over the course of 12 rounds than wilder did to breazeale the other night.

Comment

Working...
                      X