Jarrett Hurd by Decision 5 7.04%
Julian Williams by T/KO 4 5.63%
Julian Williams by Decision 36 50.70%
Draw/Too close 0 0%
Voters: 71. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-12-2019, 08:01 AM #591
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 4441 Post(s)
champion4ever has a reputation beyond reputechampion4ever has a reputation beyond reputechampion4ever has a reputation beyond reputechampion4ever has a reputation beyond reputechampion4ever has a reputation beyond reputechampion4ever has a reputation beyond reputechampion4ever has a reputation beyond reputechampion4ever has a reputation beyond reputechampion4ever has a reputation beyond reputechampion4ever has a reputation beyond reputechampion4ever has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,233.03
Total Points: 85,514.54

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarvardBlue View Post
It was a closer fight than people are saying but Williams definitely should've won. He was so much better on the inside because Hurd was smothering his punches. Incidentally, Hurd did better on the inside against Lara. Williams started and finished most of the rounds strong. I saw one moment after the 6th where it seemed like he was starting to second guessing himself. However, he came back strong in the next round. All credit should go to Edwards. He told Williams all the right things and made him believe this was possible.

I believe Hurd will come back strong. He's got too much dog in him to let this get the best of him. I also have to give him props for trying the whole fight. He never gave up at any point.

This was a very entertainment fight. I told someone at work to check this fight out but I placed a lot of emphasis on keeping on eye on Hurd. Smh.
That was what the most surprising thing to me is that J-Rock was able to bully the much larger Hurd on the inside. That's typically Hurd's game. He usually wears and grinds his opponents down from attrition on the inside. For example, he had Hurd pinned on the ropes for long stretches of the fight. Overall, the hungrier and better man one last night which was Williams in an upset and fight of the year candidate.
champion4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 05-12-2019, 08:17 AM #592
Amateur

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
citynation2k is an unknown quantity at this point
Bank: 1,149.87
Total Points: 7,643.99

Hurd has to stop blocking with his face. He's going to seriously get hurt.
citynation2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2019, 08:23 AM #593
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 2294 Post(s)
HarvardBlue has a reputation beyond reputeHarvardBlue has a reputation beyond reputeHarvardBlue has a reputation beyond reputeHarvardBlue has a reputation beyond reputeHarvardBlue has a reputation beyond reputeHarvardBlue has a reputation beyond reputeHarvardBlue has a reputation beyond reputeHarvardBlue has a reputation beyond reputeHarvardBlue has a reputation beyond reputeHarvardBlue has a reputation beyond reputeHarvardBlue has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,220.79
Total Points: 29,200.60
Keep up the great work champ! - JK1700 

Quote:
Originally Posted by champion4ever View Post
That was what the most surprising thing to me is that J-Rock was able to bully the much larger Hurd on the inside. That's typically Hurd's game. He usually wears and grinds his opponents down from attrition on the inside. For example, he had Hurd pinned on the ropes for long stretches of the fight. Overall, the hungrier and better man one last night which was Williams in an upset and fight of the year candidate.
I had a feeling he would be able to absorb Hurd's punches because he's a sturdy fighter. I didn't think he would be able to push him back the way he did. Not only did he push him back he was punishing Hurd to the body when they were close. He did everything to Hurd that Hurd was doing to other boxers, he was just did it much better and sharper.

That was one of the most entertaining fights I've seen in a long time.
HarvardBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2019, 08:28 AM #594
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 4441 Post(s)
champion4ever has a reputation beyond reputechampion4ever has a reputation beyond reputechampion4ever has a reputation beyond reputechampion4ever has a reputation beyond reputechampion4ever has a reputation beyond reputechampion4ever has a reputation beyond reputechampion4ever has a reputation beyond reputechampion4ever has a reputation beyond reputechampion4ever has a reputation beyond reputechampion4ever has a reputation beyond reputechampion4ever has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,233.03
Total Points: 85,514.54

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarvardBlue View Post
I had a feeling he would be able to absorb Hurd's punches because he's a sturdy fighter. I didn't think he would be able to push him back the way he did. Not only did he push him back he was punishing Hurd to the body when they were close. He did everything to Hurd that Hurd was doing to other boxers, he was just did it much better and sharper.

That was one of the most entertaining fights I've seen in a long time.
I agree and by the way nice looking photo in your avatar. It's one of the better ones on this forum.
champion4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2019, 08:34 AM #595
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 1329 Post(s)
JakeTheBoxer is infamous around these partsJakeTheBoxer is infamous around these partsJakeTheBoxer is infamous around these partsJakeTheBoxer is infamous around these partsJakeTheBoxer is infamous around these partsJakeTheBoxer is infamous around these partsJakeTheBoxer is infamous around these partsJakeTheBoxer is infamous around these partsJakeTheBoxer is infamous around these partsJakeTheBoxer is infamous around these partsJakeTheBoxer is infamous around these parts
Bank: 1,226.90
Total Points: 27,568.11

Great fight. J Rock learned some things from a loss against Charlo, he is just better fighter now. Hurd is a little overrated anyway, we know this since Lara fight.
JakeTheBoxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2019, 08:38 AM #596
Up and Comer

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
CaptainWalrus is on a distinguished road
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 2,324.23

A great day for boxing. This win was special. Some great inside action too.
CaptainWalrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2019, 08:41 AM #597
No More UK Stoppages

Quoted: 12094 Post(s)
ShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond reputeShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond reputeShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond reputeShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond reputeShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond reputeShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond reputeShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond reputeShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond reputeShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond reputeShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond reputeShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 104,958.71
Total Points: 140,335.63
excellent posts mate - Alx. good post about Wlad being like Bute - RossCA To a good poster - ROSS CALIFORNIA To a good poster - ROSS CALIFORNIA brewed just 4 u - sugarsmosley 
valuable advice to training forum - jas Thanks for the green man,I should have won poster of the year,but the site is in denial.bitches huh ? - Scott-Weiland All in .&amp;w - BERNIE'S CORNER Phone spazzed on gift giving. Can't green ya but have this beer on me. All in good fun ! - BERNIE'S CORNER Easily one of the best posters on the forum - JK1700 
To wipe that ass lol - BigZ44 Good thread and comments - maracho A truce - lfc19titles A truce - lfc19titles 

Tony Harrison said that sometimes a fighter has to fail his first time around the track in order to know how to do it right the next time.

It seems that was the case with Julian Williams.
ShoulderRoll is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2019, 09:01 AM #598
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 383 Post(s)
Liondw has a reputation beyond reputeLiondw has a reputation beyond reputeLiondw has a reputation beyond reputeLiondw has a reputation beyond reputeLiondw has a reputation beyond reputeLiondw has a reputation beyond reputeLiondw has a reputation beyond reputeLiondw has a reputation beyond reputeLiondw has a reputation beyond reputeLiondw has a reputation beyond reputeLiondw has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,202.66
Total Points: 13,400.79

A great win for Williams. It makes the middleweight Charlo's ko win over Williams look more impressive. It's time Charlo gets his shot against Canelo. Williams can fight the other Charlo and Harrison.
Liondw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2019, 09:20 AM #599
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 1073 Post(s)
kiaba360 has a reputation beyond reputekiaba360 has a reputation beyond reputekiaba360 has a reputation beyond reputekiaba360 has a reputation beyond reputekiaba360 has a reputation beyond reputekiaba360 has a reputation beyond reputekiaba360 has a reputation beyond reputekiaba360 has a reputation beyond reputekiaba360 has a reputation beyond reputekiaba360 has a reputation beyond reputekiaba360 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,214.72
Total Points: 29,390.40
can't green you again, so here's a beer. - chiguy91 Couldn't return any green so I thought a gift would suffice - mathed For making a habit out of making sense. Thumbs up! - CubanGuyNYC For finishing 3rd in Season 3 of The Predictorship Challenge - D4thincarnation merry christmas - the collector 
2nd place - Boxingscene predictorship challenge. - dan_cov Thanks for the good karma dude =] - Tyler_Durden Enjoy a beer with your winnings! :) - Tyler_Durden Great goddamn pick here's some cake to go along with your winnings. - DannYankee09 great poster - jas 
Thanks for quick payoff! - Psylence83 thanks for the help bro - jas cheers!!!! - -KULT- 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
Tony Harrison said that sometimes a fighter has to fail his first time around the track in order to know how to do it right the next time.

It seems that was the case with Julian Williams.
In his first defeat, I think he demonstrated skill. The fight wasn't long enough for us to see if he had the grit to go along with it. This time around, I think he realized that his conditioning would have to be great in order to give himself the best chance for his skills to make a difference. With opponents like Hurd, skills won't mean a thing if you don't have the stamina/endurance to back it up. That's why it was so difficult to predict this fight. As I watched the fight, I kept thinking if J-Rock could maintain the pace that he set.
kiaba360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2019, 09:34 AM #600
Interim Champion

Quoted: 393 Post(s)
WhatDisButtonDo has a reputation beyond reputeWhatDisButtonDo has a reputation beyond reputeWhatDisButtonDo has a reputation beyond reputeWhatDisButtonDo has a reputation beyond reputeWhatDisButtonDo has a reputation beyond reputeWhatDisButtonDo has a reputation beyond reputeWhatDisButtonDo has a reputation beyond reputeWhatDisButtonDo has a reputation beyond reputeWhatDisButtonDo has a reputation beyond reputeWhatDisButtonDo has a reputation beyond reputeWhatDisButtonDo has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,149.87
Total Points: 13,971.23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Realizniguhnit View Post
Well he's never had the greatest reaction time anyway. he's a fast fighter but not very quick. Which is why I wouldn't favor a fight against the likes of a Canelo..

I also get the sense that he may have over trained for that fight. He's known to train really hard. At some point at a certain age these fighters need to learn how and when to take it easy, especially when cutting that much natural weight u can over train quite easily. He's already in his prime so the muscle memory is already there.
Spence definitely overtrains. He also seems to spar for the wrong reason sadly. He seems to try to kill Sparring partners honestly and seems to get into gym wars.
WhatDisButtonDo is offline   Reply With Quote

Share This With Friends

Tags
boxing, champions, fox:, hurd, jarrett, julian, premier, williams

User Tag List