Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has Canelo progressed enough to defeat Golovkin in convincing fashion next time?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I thought he won the second fight, but it was still close. I think he will win a 3rd fight in a much more convincing manner, he has now got totally comfortable at the weight and looks as strong as a bull.

Comment

Originally posted by Lomadeaux View Post
      These trolls have gotten out of hand man. It's absolutely insane what's going on in this forum.
      I’m losing interest very quickly on this forum now..getting to the stage where I can’t even be bothered to reply...I’ll hang on till Joshua KO’s wilder and fury and I’ll hang on to see Lomachenko do a number on tank Davis....that’s my end game fella

Comment

Originally posted by The plunger man View Post
        I’m losing interest very quickly on this forum now..getting to the stage where I can’t even be bothered to reply...I’ll hang on till Joshua KO’s wilder and fury and I’ll hang on to see Lomachenko do a number on tank Davis....that’s my end game fella
        Most of the issues stem from the majority of the people on this forum being younger than 25 years old. The school system is horrible these days and they were brought up in a liberal environment and don't remember the internet not being around.

When you get these people in person, they are ENTIRELY different people.

I've told this story before, but when I first joined the forum I couldn't understand what was going on. I knew what trolling was, but the culture on this forum is the worst I've ever seen. A guy was adamant that McGregor was going to beat Floyd and was going on and on and on. I finally was able to kind of expose him or back him into some kind of a corner and he PM'd me saying, "Dude I'm not being serious why are you doing that?" He got very angry.

I literally didn't know what just happened.

Comment

Originally posted by Lomadeaux View Post
          So you’re apart of the 8% of boxing who thinks he won? That should tell you something.

You know that Pete drew to Chavez too right?
          Yes 8% of the 97k fans that Punk G has, now THAT should tell YOU something.
          Last edited by j.razor; 05-10-2019, 04:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by The plunger man View Post
            Good luck with that....LMFAO

Comment

I think either way, there will be people saying that either guy won or lost, just like the Jacobs fight, I thought Canelo won that pretty easy with a 7-5 or 8-4 scorecard, but people are still saying that Jacobs got robbed, including Jacobs himself saying he thought he did enough to win. The sport is getting to be that if you don't KO him, you were handed a gift if it was close.

Comment

Originally posted by Mighty_Windir View Post
                I love Golovkin, but I also believe Canelo stock has gone way up since their last meeting...grown quite a bit in the ring.

His defense has been superb.

Has been landing good combinations.

And if he can capitalize with his uppercuts, who knows what might happen.

Golovkin has been inactive ever since their last bout, and the quality of his upcoming opponent is questionable if he's planning on taking Canelo after that, he's not getting younger either.

Can he learn new things with Banks?

Can he come up with a more effective strategy against Canelo?

Can he capitalize with his effective jab instead of looking to land a big right hand?

Sure why not...but, will it make a difference with an improved version of the guy who took the close decision last time?

What do you guys think?

Yes I could see Canelo beating Golovkin convincingly (for once). I could see him winning 8 rounds. That said all he has to do is legit win 6 maybe even 5 and he'd get the decision. Canelo is a better fighter now than he was two years ago. Golovkin is likely not and a solid argument can be made he was off prime for the first fight.

I would favor Canelo strongly in a third fight. If I'm Canelo I think this sets up perfectly for him. But he also can make Golovkin wait more time as it appears Golovkin is now in just cash out mode. So maybe he'll be willing to wait until 2020 if that is what Canelo wants.

Golovkin's only chance IMO at this point, and it is slim, is to take the approach that it is a 10 round fight and go balls to walls from no later than round three. Either come home victorious or come home on your shield. I'm not sure he has that mentality.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael1437 View Post
                  I think either way, there will be people saying that either guy won or lost, just like the Jacobs fight, I thought Canelo won that pretty easy with a 7-5 or 8-4 scorecard, but people are still saying that Jacobs got robbed, including Jacobs himself saying he thought he did enough to win. The sport is getting to be that if you don't KO him, you were handed a gift if it was close.
                  Canelo clearly won the Jacobs fight. In no stretch of the imagination was that a gift. This website is filled with a bunch of clowns with agendas. It doesn't represent most boxing fans.

Jacobs had two shots and he just didn't do enough. I thought both fights were close, though Golovkin fight was closer but in the end the right guys won.

Comment

Originally posted by Diego Rodriguez View Post
                    Canelo clearly won the Jacobs fight. In no stretch of the imagination was that a gift. This website is filled with a bunch of clowns with agendas. It doesn't represent most boxing fans.

Jacobs had two shots and he just didn't do enough. I thought both fights were close, though Golovkin fight was closer but in the end the right guys won.
                    Completely agree with you, I think Canelo deserved the nod, but I just don't think fans will ever stop with the "robbery" claim.

Comment

Working...
                    X