Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hearn: Consensus Is the Right Man Won Canelo-Jacobs Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Hearn: Consensus Is the Right Man Won Canelo-Jacobs Fight

LAS VEGAS Canelo Alvarez-Daniel Jacobs wasn't exactly an exhilarating action fight. Their middleweight title unification fight produced some memorable moments, but Alvarez and Jacobs boxed in ways that showed varying levels of respect for an opponent's power and skill. At least, though, there didn't appear to be any controversy once Michael Buffer announced Alvarez as the winner of their 12-round bout by unanimous decision.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I rooted for Danny but Canelo won this fight. You could argue a draw but Danny really needed to win one of the early rounds and the final round as well. A rematch would be interesting

Comment

Kudos to Eddie Hearn for his honesty. It would be easy for him to say he thought his fighter nicked it 115-113 (ala Oscar after Canelo-GGG I).
      Canelo is looking extremely difficult to beat. It's tough to get a close decision against him and with his great chin/improving defense, it's hard to see him losing at 160. Maybe Andrade could beat him in a snoozer (?).
      At 168 he would be facing guys 4-6 inches taller and naturally much bigger. But consensus seems to be that he would be favored against the top 168 pounders. Some British books have posted odds for Canelo-Callum Smith and they have Canelo as a 4/7 favorite.

Comment

Jacobs got outclassed and never took the fight to Canelo. He came in with a big size and weight advantage and couldn't put it to good use.

Rather see Canelo unify with Andrade or go for the trilogy. Jacobs running away from Canelo and throwing punches off balance is not worth seeing again. Just my opinion so I hope all the racists from Deontaes boxing nation don't take offense.

Comment

Had it 117-111 for Canelo. Jacobs is a joke and he's run the cancer story to the ground. Dude, fight IN the ring....nobody's that interested in your battle outside the ring. Really.

Point is, a lot of these guys just want a payday but can't even handle the exposure and requirements of the fights of they're begging for. Yes, you're gonna do a THOUSAND interviews, Yes, the cards will be stacked against you. C'mon now.

He complained about the judges, but started waaaay too late to be "so" concerned about the cards. He's made the 170 lb limit before for the IBF but couldn't do it for the biggest fight of his life?! C'mon, man.

He comes into the fight with the size advantage, but ends up moving the whole time and missing wildly. He got close to Canelo and smothered his own work, but wanted credit for it. Nah, bro.

He then went on to say he "feels he did enough to pull it off". FOH, dude! No. You. Did. Not! This dude's a joke and I don't wanna see him or his "Brownsville, stand up!" lookin' ass anywhere else crying about a big fight.

So glad I didn't pay for this garbage.

Comment

Only the haters and Anti mexicans are saying that Jacobs won

Canelo did a good job

Comment

Hearn's honesty makes me think he angling for more bidness with Oscar and Canelo, not a bad strategy. I was rooting for Jacobs But Canelo and his team scooted Jacobs well and executed it well. Jacobs looked old took to long to get going and was out boxed. Thought he would use his size better but dint. Canelo's Defense is what impressed me! Jacobs seemed out of sink and robotic. He was better the second half obviously but I have a feeling Canelo's speed was better then Jacobs expected. There wont be a rematch. Probaly GGG a third go. Dazn wants it that's where the money is. Hearn will push for Andred. Charlo desent seem that hot anymore in light of his resent performances. Like the flame went out maybe just temporally flickering but needs to fight quality opponents and look good! Anyway Hearn took (L) more graciously then any promoter I can recall.

Comment

How? Sky and boxingscene had it a draw. Spence andrade marquez all had jacobs winning. I thought jacobs edged it, he looked comfortable all fight, can someone tell me what problems canelo caused jacobs offensively? I cant think of many.

Comment

I bet $50 on Jacobs thinking his size would be a factor. It was not, Jacobs got schooled. I really thought he could use his reach and establish a jab but he did neither of those things.

Comment

Originally posted by Madison boxing View Post
                    How? Sky and boxingscene had it a draw. Spence andrade marquez all had jacobs winning. I thought jacobs edged it, he looked comfortable all fight, can someone tell me what problems canelo caused jacobs offensively? I cant think of many.
                    Are you joking? The problems of Jacobs barely landing any clean punches vs Canelo landing clean punches all night. Jacobs had a few good rounds where he backed up Canelo but it was too little too late. Jacobs should've stopped switching southpaw where he managed to land 1 meaningful punch all night long, and it wasn't much better orthodox.

I will say this though, the broadcasting team at DAZN are absolutely terrible and had Canelos balls in their mouth all night. DAZN's productions are amateurish, Sugar Ray saying "the stakes are so high" every time he's asked a question about a fight is getting old.

Comment

Working...
                    X