Court Rules That Medical Marijuana Card Holders Can't Buy Firearms

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by siablo14 View Post
    Red - why you anti-gun for?
    I should say pro-gun regulation rather than anti-gun. I'm for universal background checks, red flag laws, assault rifle ban and other sensible gun legislation that saves lives.

Comment

Because weed is illegal at the federal level. Go read the whole passage.

i like this little snag though because one of those rules will soon be put out to pasture.
      What does that have to do with your 2nd amendment rights.
      Rockin' Rockin' likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post
        I should say pro-gun regulation rather than anti-gun. I'm for universal background checks, red flag laws, assault rifle ban and other sensible gun legislation that saves lives.
        Amen............

Comment

Originally posted by JimRaynor View Post
          What does that have to do with your 2nd amendment rights.
          Red - i don't have that.

Federal laws prevent certain folks from owning guns so stop acting like that amendment overrides everything.

i am tired of educating you about your country.

Just buzz off and leave me alone today, i aint got no time for you and your slow-a$$ brain.

Comment

Red - i don't have that.

Federal laws prevent certain folks from owning guns so stop acting like that amendment overrides everything.

i am tired of educating you about your country.

Just buzz off and leave me alone today, i aint got no time for you and your slow-a$$ brain.
            You have no idea what you're even talking about, stick to Jamaicas politics and collecting cow shit.

Comment

You have no idea what you're even talking about, stick to Jamaicas politics and collecting cow shit.
              federal law (18 U.S.C. § 922(g)(3)) makes it a felony for an “unlawful user of … any controlled substance” to “possess … any firearm,” and since marijuana is classified as a Schedule I controlled substance, it is a felony for a user of marijuana to possess a firearm.
              September 21, 2011, ATF issued an Open Letter stating “any person who uses or is addicted to marijuana, regardless of whether his or her State has passed legislation authorizing marijuana use for medicinal purposes, is an unlawful user of or addicted to a controlled substance, and is prohibited by Federal law from possessing firearms or ammunition.”
              So far, every Federal Circuit Court to address § 922(g)(3) agrees that it is constitutional.
              https://fedsoc.org/commentary/blog-p...earm-ownership

So all the Federal courts have ruled that it is constitutional but here we have you- a lowly sales clerk- saying that they aren't correct. You, a guy who is always being taught by a dirty-dusty Jamaican farmer, about your own country.

How you make a person from a developing nation have to spend most of his conversations with you, teaching you about your own nation?

You should be ashamed. if America is in the hands of people like you, then surely we, immigrants, will easily over run y'all and take over the wheels of power in your nation.

Damn, slow brain a$$!

Comment

https://fedsoc.org/commentary/blog-p...earm-ownership

So all the Federal courts have ruled that it is constitutional but here we have you- a lowly sales clerk- saying that they aren't correct. You, a guy who is always being taught by a dirty-dusty Jamaican farmer, about your own country.

How you make a person from a developing nation have to spend most of his conversations with you, teaching you about your own nation?

You should be ashamed. if America is in the hands of people like you, then surely we, immigrants, will easily over run y'all and take over the wheels of power in your nation.

Damn, slow brain a$$!
                Look at what you posted,

"federal law (18 U.S.C. § 922(g)(3)) makes it a felony for an “unlawful user of … any controlled substance”

if you can own a medical marijuana card to legally possess medical marijuana then that makes you a lawful user and clearly does not make you a felon. This law is politically motivated, and enacted by nitwits like yourself.

Comment

Look at what you posted,

"federal law (18 U.S.C. § 922(g)(3)) makes it a felony for an “unlawful user of … any controlled substance”

if you can own a medical marijuana card to legally possess medical marijuana then that makes you a lawful user and clearly does not make you a felon. This law is politically motivated, and enacted by nitwits like yourself.
                  Read! The second quote in my previous post.

Slow! Just damn slow!

Comment

Read! The second quote in my previous post.

Slow! Just damn slow!
                    I did read your second part and understand the motivation behind the law, it still however does make it not contradictory and unconstitutional, states and federal government pick and choose what laws they want enacted regarding the 2nd amendment.

Comment

I did read your second part and understand the motivation behind the law, it still however does make it not contradictory and unconstitutional, states and federal government pick and choose what laws they want enacted regarding the 2nd amendment.
                      We are waiting for the Federal government to legalize ganja so we can send a bunch up there but y'all are boxing us out with that federal vs states bull**** so that y'all can fully develop y'all local ganja industry before letting other nations export to y'all. That's some samfie bullsh**t.

Comment

Working...
                      X