No announcement yet.

Can canelo hang at 168?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can canelo hang at 168?

I'm not even going to mention 175,because I honestly believe that kovalev,Artur, gvozdyk,and bivol all stop canelo simply due to size and power alone. Last night we saw that canelo landed on Jacobs multiple times,and never wobbled,stunned or hurt the guy. The top people at 168 (smith,benavidez,Ramirez) are all bigger and longer than Jacobs. Even saunders is the same size,but a much better boxer. Can canelo actually beat the top guys at 168,or will they walk through him if they feel that his power doesn't bother them? And please don't bring up rocky as a bigger man,because the guy is a literal punching bag who came for a paycheck.

The great thing about canelo is he's going to give us a chance to see if he can. We'll be finding out.

I believe he's going to move up soon.

Comment

Originally posted by mike1010011 View Post
      I'm not even going to mention 175,because I honestly believe that kovalev,Artur, gvozdyk,and bivol all stop canelo simply due to size and power alone. Last night we saw that canelo landed on Jacobs multiple times,and never wobbled,stunned or hurt the guy. The top people at 168 (smith,benavidez,Ramirez) are all bigger and longer than Jacobs. Even saunders is the same size,but a much better boxer. Can canelo actually beat the top guys at 168,or will they walk through him if they feel that his power doesn't bother them? And please don't bring up rocky as a bigger man,because the guy is a literal punching bag who came for a paycheck.
      Canelo started at 140 at 15 years of age, and his fighting style will be studied after he's gone, gyms will appreciate what he did in the game, more over than the guys you mentioned whom should be prioritizing in unifying 175.

How long was GGG at 160 with the 154-168 is easy?

Again, his style, with many greats before him, continue the tradition of the sweeet science and are studied by gyms and new kids.

Comment

Originally posted by Lion81 View Post
        The great thing about canelo is he's going to give us a chance to see if he can. We'll be finding out.

I believe he's going to move up soon.
        How do you see canelo moving up? Would he pack on more muscle in order to compensate for the size and weight difference? The guy is limited by his short stature,so there's only so much that he can pack on before it starts effecting his movements. Not to mention that more muscle needs more o2,so he might gas faster.

Comment

I think canelo beats all those guys. Oscar said he walks around 195 lbs. The simple fact is that when you are facing canelo you're not just facing him. You're facing canelo, the referree, and the judges. Canelo isn't losing a decision to anyone.

Comment

Originally posted by Frankie2Jabs View Post
            Canelo started at 140 at 15 years of age, and his fighting style will be studied after he's gone, gyms will appreciate what he did in the game, more over than the guys you mentioned whom should be prioritizing in unifying 175.

How long was GGG at 160 with the 154-168 is easy?

Again, his style, with many greats before him, continue the tradition of the sweeet science and are studied by gyms and new kids.
            Nice post,but you you didn't answer a single question that was asked. And why does ggg alway have to be mentioned when talking about canelo? Why elevate one boxer by bringing another down instead of mutually respecting them as professionals with different styles.

Comment

Originally posted by satiev1 View Post
              I think canelo beats all those guys. Oscar said he walks around 195 lbs. The simple fact is that when you are facing canelo you're not just facing him. You're facing canelo, the referree, and the judges. Canelo isn't losing a decision to anyone.
              Other than by decision how do you see canelo beating them? And as for the 195 that was probably after a few weeks of eating chimichangas and sipping margaritas by the pool.

Comment

Nice post,but you you didn't answer a single question that was asked. And why does ggg alway have to be mentioned when talking about canelo? Why elevate one boxer by bringing another down instead of mutually respecting them as professionals with different styles.
                I just saw your gif about Canelo training for GGG so I assumed you were taking the piss

Comment

Originally posted by Frankie2Jabs View Post
                  I just saw your gif about Canelo training for GGG so I assumed you were taking the piss
                  Ive had that on there since before the first fight,and I honestly forgot how to take change the pic.

Comment

Other than by decision how do you see canelo beating them? And as for the 195 that was probably after a few weeks of eating chimichangas and sipping margaritas by the pool.
                    Gvozdyk has zero inside game. He'll get lost once canelo gets on the inside. Bivol will be a tougher fight, but again bivol could not ko joe smith he's not going to ko canelo. It'll be a close decision fight with all those guys. Canelo will break their rythym with his counter punching ability. Even if canelo loses 8-4 or 7-5 he will get a close decision either a split decision or a majority decision. I see the ref also giving them warnings on any body shots thrown like against ggg in the first fight. Any body shot ggg thrown the ref warned him of a low blow. Kovalev canelo is 50/50 but if the ref lets canelo hit kov in the balls don't be surprised by a canelo tko win.

Comment

Working...
                    X