Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Campbell vs. Haney: Hearn Has July 27 On Hold WBC Title Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Campbell vs. Haney: Hearn Has July 27 On Hold WBC Title Fight

LAS VEGAS Devin Haney apparently will get his title shot sooner than he thought. Promoter Eddie Hearn announced during a press conference Thursday at MGM Grand that he has a tentative plan for the fast-rising lightweight contender to face Luke Campbell on July 27 for the vacant WBC lightweight championship. Hearn hasn't secured a venue for Campbell-Haney because the WBC is not expected to rule until next week whether to sanction it as a title fight.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Nice!!!!!! Damn good fight right there.

Comment

Haney plays with the Undisputed British Pub champion

Comment

Haney would seize the moment and become the youngest champion in the sport.

Comment

If the WBC sanctioned this fight for their belt without talking to Abdulaevi then I hope Hearn never complain on Whyte’s behalf in regards to his shot at Wilder.

Comment

That was quick! Surprised Eddie is bringing it to the U.S.! Is Campbell not a star in the UK? I hope Haney wins, and DAZN sets up Haney vs. Ryan Garcia soon! MAN UP!

Comment

I hope it happens, but something doesn't sound right. Abdul stated he wanted it, and Hearn sounds like he's trying to corner the WBC into sanctioning Haney over Abdul. Pretty sure some sort of step-aside or alternative possible, but sounds like the beginning of a story, not the end of one.

Comment

That's a nice fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
                  If the WBC sanctioned this fight for their belt without talking to Abdulaevi then I hope Hearn never complain on Whyte’s behalf in regards to his shot at Wilder.
                  Abdullaev number 2 can't train so Hearn is expecting the WBC to order 1 vs 2 , 2 to decline (can't train at the moment (religion)) and then 1 fights 3 .

That's actually what should happen not scr*w Whyte over by having Molina way down the rankings fight for a mandatory position.

Comment

Zaur already said he is available to fight don’t know why Hearn keep trying skip over him

Comment

Working...
                    X