No announcement yet.

Ruiz WILL test Joshua

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by juggernaut666 View Post
    It might be a good fight for Fury or Wilder but defeating Joshua is another story and no heavy footed 6'1 guy is going to really press him.

Worst case scenario for Joshua is he'll just coast like he did with Parker , and win an easy UD if he feels any reason to and box around Ruiz.

It's a good fighter to have on resume, Ruiz defeated Parker but didn't get the decision so adding another guy that hasn't been stopped is always a good thing if they are proven guys , those still crying over the fight as it's Joshuas fault like this idiot Red Foxx are just that.... idiots . Lol
    Yeah Red Fox is a nuthugger, that pathetic kid is living on Wilder's ballsack all his life.

Comment

Originally posted by Boksfan View Post
      I think we can agree that Miller is a better fighter.
      Miller's not a better fighter then Ruiz.

He might be more effective at 300 pounds because he's harder to hurt and control with majority fighters but Ruiz has actual good defense even if it's a set up one dimension come forward style.

Against Joshua , Miller would MAYBE be a more threat , but he doesn't hit as hard as Ruiz and that's a key against Joshua, so ?

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
        Hows he going to close the gap?

He hasn't the better feet, he has virtually no head movement and doesn't feint his way in. He just plods forward in straight lines.

Its a predictable fight that'll see him kept on the outside getting hit with the 1-2 over and over.

Fat guys with short necks almost always take a hell of a shot he might go late\the distance but I fully expect it'll be boringly one-sided if it does.

I just don't see him sustaining any real success at all.
        He will have to take a shot to give one for sure, I agree with most of what you're saying in terms of the problems he has stylistically. But if his chin holds up he can def land on Joshua, it also seems like Joshua always takes a few rounds for his eyes to adjust, especially when he has some speed in front of him.

As I said in my OP I think Joshua's feet, length, etc will eventually start taking Ruiz apart but Ruiz IS good, and I think people will see that in the fight...he'd be a decent opponent just in general, very much in the level of Parker, Chisora, Whyte, prob not Ortiz, and for sure not Wilder or Fury. As a short notice fight it's as good as we could have got

Comment

Originally posted by Boksfan View Post
          Yeah Red Fox is a nuthugger, that pathetic kid is living on Wilder's ballsack all his life.
          He's a nitwit , he should confine himself in the training/ nutrition section and stay put .

Comment

Originally posted by sunny31 View Post
            Don't sleep on Ruiz, he showed a lot in the Parker fight, he controlled the middle rounds, only a late burst by Parker gave him the fight, it was a drawish type fight.

People who are saying Hunter was better need to consider that he was put on queer street multiple times by Usyk. Is he a good fighter? Absolutely...but I think there is a strong chance Joshua just completely overpowers him and stops him in 1 or 2 rounds.

Ruiz has shown good skill, technique, hand speed and a reliable chin/engine. I think this fight is competitive early, Joshua for a tall fighter has an inconsistent jab and he pushes the straight right a bit, he's much better technically at mid-close range, I think Ruiz will bother him there as he has faster hands and he's strong enough to stay in the pocket a little. I do think Joshua's feet prob win him the fight but I like this fight, it's not as easy as people think, and to be honest no one is going to be happy unless it's Fury or Wilder but this is a legit top 10 heavyweight in my opinion
            I agree that Ruiz is a bigger threat than many think but I do expect him to get stopped late. Good post

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
              This guy will test AJ?

Absolute punchbag
              That fight was 6 years ago lol.

Comment

Watched 2 rds of ruiz's latest fight(first time watching him) just for this post. He's like a much ****tier version of povetkin, I doubt he wins a round.

Comment

Can't wait to see the betting odds on this crazy fight.

Comment

ruiz has possibly the fastest hands in the heavyweight division. it's definitely not a cakewalk. if he had 2 more inches of reach i would be worried for AJ.

Comment

Originally posted by sunny31 View Post
                      Don't sleep on Ruiz, he showed a lot in the Parker fight, he controlled the middle rounds, only a late burst by Parker gave him the fight, it was a drawish type fight.

People who are saying Hunter was better need to consider that he was put on queer street multiple times by Usyk. Is he a good fighter? Absolutely...but I think there is a strong chance Joshua just completely overpowers him and stops him in 1 or 2 rounds.

Ruiz has shown good skill, technique, hand speed and a reliable chin/engine. I think this fight is competitive early, Joshua for a tall fighter has an inconsistent jab and he pushes the straight right a bit, he's much better technically at mid-close range, I think Ruiz will bother him there as he has faster hands and he's strong enough to stay in the pocket a little. I do think Joshua's feet prob win him the fight but I like this fight, it's not as easy as people think, and to be honest no one is going to be happy unless it's Fury or Wilder but this is a legit top 10 heavyweight in my opinion
                      That's a good breakdown. A lot of posters here are trying to make out that Ruiz is some bum squad level no-hoper for their own biased reasons. But he is a potentialy dangerous opponent for AJ because of his pop and fast hands. I think he'll come to fight too, and give it everything he's got.

Comment

Working...
                      X