Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who’s going to sue Whyte and Hearn for defending themselves?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PotentialToast View Post
    I noticed this. UKAD must have concluded no risk to Rivas, otherwise he would not have been licenced by BBBC. UKAD must therefore have concluded test consistent with low level contamination and not doping (evidence by timing of other tests). Frank suggested Rivas put at risk which would be defamatory, hence interview pulled.
    WTF are you talking about "low level contamination not doping"??
    How do you suppose dbol metabolites happen to get into a person's system? You think they are floating around in the lab and, "Oops!" they floated into someone's sample??

The risk from doping is rarely that someone goes into a ring on steroids, it's that they used it in training and therefore cheated/had an advantage. They are looking to see if someone used them in prep for a fight, not just of they got fresh needle marks.
    Last edited by Redd Foxx; 07-30-2019, 08:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
      Whyte is going through a legal process with the UKAD and the British Board. He was cleared to fight, but not cleared for the failed drug test. The legal process for that is confidential and Hearn or Whyte saying the wrong thing could cost them.

Not to mention, I believe they fully expect a lawsuit from Yvon Michel and Rivas.
      Can you comment as to whether you guys were confronted/pressured in regard to your coverage of the issue?

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
        How do you suppose dbol metabolites happen to get into a person's system? You think they are floating around in the lab and, "Oops!" they floated into someone's sample??

The risk from doping is rarely that someone goes into a rig on steroids, it's that they used it in training and therefore cheated/had an advantage. They are looking to see if someone used them in prep for a fight, not just of they got fresh needle marks.
        It’s like, yeah you’re pregnant but only a little bit.

Comment

Originally posted by 4truth View Post
          It’s like, yeah you’re pregnant but only a little bit.
          And we’re not telling the father

Lmfao
          This has gotten bullchit written all over it

Comment

Can you comment as to whether you guys were confronted/pressured in regard to your coverage of the issue?
            I'm wondering about this myself.......

Comment

Originally posted by Mammoth View Post
              I'm wondering about this myself.......
              Even if he said, "no comment", that would be enough to tell me what's up.

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
                Whyte is going through a legal process with the UKAD and the British Board. He was cleared to fight, but not cleared for the failed drug test. The legal process for that is confidential and Hearn or Whyte saying the wrong thing could cost them.

Not to mention, I believe they fully expect a lawsuit from Yvon Michel and Rivas.

Michel stated today on RDS that he has a full legal crew working on all that went wrong in that fight... They of course need a (most likely not happening) positive "B" sample result to get going and a commitment from the sanctioning body to make things right...

Comment

They're basically pleading the 5th

They don't want to further incriminate themselves

Comment

Originally posted by ShaneMosleySr View Post
                    Eddie Hearn and Dillian Whyte repeatedly say they can’t be anything more than completely vague while defending themselves on the failed drug test issue because of legal reasons.

What legal reasons? They’re going to get sued for defending themselves from accusations? Who’s going to sue them?

It doesn’t make sense.
                    Molina confirmed fighters aren't allowed to talk about it when under investigation. Again, rules are being followed.

Go complain to WADA if you want the rules changed.

Comment

The risk from doping is rarely that someone goes into a ring on steroids, it's that they used it in training and therefore cheated/had an advantage. They are looking to see if someone used them in prep for a fight, not just of they got fresh needle marks.
                      You are overlooking the fact that he was being regularly tested by VADA. So lets say he was tested 24 hrs before UKAD test. He will be able to establish a max dose he could have ingested consistent with not doping. Otherwise, UKAD would not have let him figjt.

Comment

Working...
                      X