Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Breazeale To Kownacki: Go Ahead, Pad Your Record And Stay Safe

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sammybee View Post
    Breazeale is a dangerous opponent for Kownacki.
    He is dangerous for everybody except top 3 guys. Wilder and Joshua both already smashed him. Fury would outbox him most likely.

But I feel Breazeale still can be a good opponent for other guys.

Comment

Kownacki would get schooled and smashed by Joseph Parker.

Breezy would too...

Oilskin Parker is the real bogeyman no one is calling out or wants to fight.

Comment

If Kownacki doesn't want that work, then Breazeale should call Andy Ruiz or Luis Ortiz!

Comment

Helenius fight isn't one worth watching. Get him in there with Breazeale.

Comment

Originally posted by Oldskoolg View Post
            It was a pretty entertaining fight that was close and I thought Martin was on his way to stopping Kownacki in that last round. Would love to see a 12 round rematch. But I actually think brezeale beats kownacki...too tall, hits too hard, has guts for days, and Kownacki is just too easy to tag
            Agree 100 percent. If that Martin fight was a 12 rounder, I think it was Martin's victory. I actually don't think Martin is as much of a joke as his reputation is; it seems Charles lacks self confidence (despite walking the earth like a god talk). It took Martin half that fight to realize he belonged in the ring with Kownacki.

Trouble, stylistically, is all wrong for Kownacki. I think in a rematch, if Martin is confident and prepared, is also a bad matchup for Kownacki.

Comment

Originally posted by pollywog View Post
              Kownacki would get schooled and smashed by Joseph Parker.

Breezy would too...

Oilskin Parker is the real bogeyman no one is calling out or wants to fight.
              Parker has all the tools to be very good with the exception of temperament (and trainer). He's big, athletic, seems durable, has some power and skills but he'd rather slide around and paw out a jab and an occasional 2 punch combo. I question how much he really wants to be a fighter. It's frustrating to watch that potential not (and probably never) be realized.

Comment

Both Breazeale and Helenius are much too weak for Kownacki and I personally do not like these matchups. Since Kownacki will not fight for the belt in the nearest future he should fight someone more notable, e.g. Parker, Ruiz, Pulev, Hrgovic, etc. I purposedly omit cheats like Whyte, Ortiz or Povetkin.

Comment

Originally posted by PBR Streetgang View Post
                  Parker has all the tools to be very good with the exception of temperament (and trainer). He's big, athletic, seems durable, has some power and skills but he'd rather slide around and paw out a jab and an occasional 2 punch combo. I question how much he really wants to be a fighter. It's frustrating to watch that potential not (and probably never) be realized.
                  Parker has all the tools and IS very good. So good that no one wants to fight him!

Agree he needs to get another trainer as things have got a bit stale with Kevin Barry.

There's no question Parker is keen to get another title shot after getting stiffed by the refs in his loss to Joshua and Whyte.

I'd say he's as motivated as he's ever been and realizes he needs to be more aggressive to get down and dirty if that's what it takes.

Shame the chisora fight fell through and that delboy is now ducking him or that usyk doesn't seem keen to call him out either.

So many quackers out there looking to stat pad and stay safe hoping for a payday vs AJ. It's great that Parker is not one of them.

Fact is, Parker is a step too far for most and a danger to everyone else...

Comment

Originally posted by REDEEMER View Post
                    You might want to see it but Kownacki won’t risk it vs a more probable win like Breazeale , better put that on your wish list because Kownacki won’t fight anyone worth after His last fight and will wait out in the PBC map for a title shot he doesn’t defeat anyone to get it .
                    That's the problem with most adviser's now days, keeping their boxers in cotton wool and when they face a tough opponent, they buckle.
                    I believe when you fight a top rated boxer, atleast you can know where the future will take you. Look at what happened to Breazeale, he couldn't even last half the fight. He should have been fighting the likes of Povetkin, Parker, Ortiz, Whyte and other top rated guys few years back. That could have atleast saved him the embarrassment. Though i know lot of them will go for money fights. But then there is no legacy like before.
                    Hope one day the fans get to watch good fights.

Comment

Originally posted by FlyingFJ View Post
                      That's the problem with most adviser's now days, keeping their boxers in cotton wool and when they face a tough opponent, they buckle.
                      I believe when you fight a top rated boxer, atleast you can know where the future will take you. Look at what happened to Breazeale, he couldn't even last half the fight. He should have been fighting the likes of Povetkin, Parker, Ortiz, Whyte and other top rated guys few years back. That could have atleast saved him the embarrassment. Though i know lot of them will go for money fights. But then there is no legacy like before.
                      Hope one day the fans get to watch good fights.
                      Breazeale lost to AJ so he took necessary fights , he fought Haymon new golden Heavyweight at the time undefeated Izu and ruined a lot of things ,he then was made to wait a long time with Wilder somewhere in between ,I think Breazeale gets a bad rap only losing to the two champions .

I actually think with so many heavyweights we get much better fights then being cried over .

Not sure how Wilder vs Fury isn’t good nor Ruiz vs AJ, what about Kownacki vs Martin in a lesser important fight ? I’ve not seen much stagnant action here ,most fights are actually happening like previous eras only the fans look at title fights but title fights don’t make up the division of dozens of others .

Comment

Working...
                      X