Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rest In Paradise

Comment

• Originally posted by Kuyukut View Post
      ali raymi practically reinvented the sport of boxing. he's the father of modern boxing!

rip champ!
      A boxing god. Only fighter who can beat Fury.

Comment

• Originally posted by MEXICAN STYLE View Post
        Rest In Paradise
        It’s been over 4 years... thread is from 2015.

Comment

• He was the one who was supposed to fight Chocolatito at 112 IIRC...

Comment

• Originally posted by Evil_Meat View Post
            Ali Raymi was a hoax IMO... None of his fights were ever real fights and that's why nobody has ever seen a full fight of his. Only very short fights of some amateurs in a gym but never has there been sanctioned professional boxing in Yemen. I made a thread about it and discussed it in detail but many will just call me crazy because they're so asleep lol. I know you're probably just trolling too but I still gotta mention it again that Raymi was a fabrication.
            Was he a hoax? Or was he the proverbial first wheel for a country with a limited history in the sport of boxing?

I give the man a lot of credit for being the spark that inspired others in his country to lace up the gloves.

Plus, you gotta love a fighter that throws almost exclusively body punches.

R.I.P. Champ

Comment

• Originally posted by buddyguns View Post
              Was he a hoax? Or was he the proverbial first wheel for a country with a limited history in the sport of boxing?

I give the man a lot of credit for being the spark that inspired others in his country to lace up the gloves.

Plus, you gotta love a fighter that throws almost exclusively body punches.

R.I.P. Champ
              lol what others in his country have laced up the gloves. There is no organized boxing in Yemen.... His entire career was a hoax and it shows what a joke boxrec is. Ali Raymi was not a legit professional boxer since there has never been professional boxing in Yemen. Whatever those clips were of were not legit pro fighters. If the guy actually died then RIP no disrespect but Ali Raymi (if that was his name) was not a pro boxer.
              Last edited by Evil_Meat; 08-20-2019, 10:53 PM.

Comment

• Still missing you, champ. The game hasn't been the same without you.

Comment

• Originally posted by Evil_Meat View Post
                  lol what others in his country have laced up the gloves. There is no organized boxing in Yemen.... His entire career was a hoax and it shows what a joke boxrec is. Ali Raymi was not a legit professional boxer since there has never been professional boxing in Yemen. Whatever those clips were of were not legit pro fighters. If the guy actually died then RIP no disrespect but Ali Raymi (if that was his name) was not a pro boxer.
                  His 25 fights in Yemen were enough for the WBA, WBC, WBO, and IBO to all rank him in the top 10 prior to his death. He also grabbed a couple of minor trinkets in picking up IBI and UBO belts.

You don't have to agree with those rankings, but the fact remains that the governing bodies considered his fights real enough to rank him.

Comment

• Originally posted by buddyguns View Post
                    His 25 fights in Yemen were enough for the WBA, WBC, WBO, and IBO to all rank him in the top 10 prior to his death. He also grabbed a couple of minor trinkets in picking up IBI and UBO belts.

You don't have to agree with those rankings, but the fact remains that the governing bodies considered his fights real enough to rank him.
                    I'm well aware that he was suddenly ranked out of nowhere... This world will never cease to amaze me lol but at the same time I'm not surprised everyone believes in this bs...

Comment

Working...
                    X