Why Y'all Trippin'?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why Y'all Trippin'?

I had Wilder to win vs Fury.

Instead, I saw a draw which was the right decision.

Some of y'all think Fury won.

Some say Wilder got that.

But bottom line, we saw two warriors give everything they had, leave it all in the ring.

Why else do we say we love this sport if not to see that?

And yet, some folks wanna act like it was some gross robbery when each fighter is saying different.

Both think they did enough to win but neither is tearing down the other, is actually quite complimentary of the other guy.

They are showing class, humility, humor, and dignity.

Everything you could want to show your kids to be like.

And WE HAVE TWO OF THEM!!!!!

But some of y'all still got salt.

I just dunno man...

I'm just waiting for the rematch now; this topic getting way to repetitive.

Comment

Originally posted by koolkc107 View Post
      I had Wilder to win vs Fury.

Instead, I saw a draw which was the right decision.

Some of y'all think Fury won.

Some say Wilder got that.

But bottom line, we saw two warriors give everything they had, leave it all in the ring.

Why else do we say we love this sport if not to see that?

And yet, some folks wanna act like it was some gross robbery when each fighter is saying different.

Both think they did enough to win but neither is tearing down the other, is actually quite complimentary of the other guy.

They are showing class, humility, humor, and dignity.

Everything you could want to show your kids to be like.

And WE HAVE TWO OF THEM!!!!!

But some of y'all still got salt.

I just dunno man...
      As has been mentioned by many people, one of the more insidious aspects of boxing is that over time, robberies and bad decisions tend to gain some sort of acceptance. Part of that is because of thoughts like, "This topic is getting repetitive, get over it already, at least we saw a good fight" etc...

If you want to be honest about things, I would suggest you change the bolded section of your post to, "most folks wanna act like it was some gross robbery" ...there is a near-enough consensus amongst the boxing community that something pretty corrupt went down on Saturday night. Yes, we will move on, as we must, but twisting the narrative this early on, to say that fans crying 'robbery' are somehow bitter, or "salty", as you put it, is just disingenuous.

Comment

When between 80-90% of the polls say Fury won and about 5% only think Wilder (nutthuggers like OP) then you know it's a robbery especially when the common scores go from 8-10 rounds for Fury. That's not just "some". You are living in denial.

How is it the "right result"? Because your biased and you can't bring yourself to reality?

Wilder has not acted with grace and humility either. He's blamed racism as to why people scored it for Fury and cried that he was robbed and came up with a plethora of excuses about why he lost.

No amount of damage control or nutthuggery and crying will stop what happened.

Comment

Originally posted by HeadBodyBodyBody View Post
          As has been mentioned by many people, one of the more insidious aspects of boxing is that over time, robberies and bad decisions tend to gain some sort of acceptance. Part of that is because of thoughts like, "This topic is getting repetitive, get over it already, at least we saw a good fight" etc...

If you want to be honest about things, I would suggest you change the bolded section of your post to, "most folks wanna act like it was some gross robbery" ...there is a near-enough consensus amongst the boxing community that something pretty corrupt went down on Saturday night. Yes, we will move on, as we must, but twisting the narrative this early on, to say that fans crying 'robbery' are somehow bitter, or "salty", as you put it, is just disingenuous.
          None of the judges were American and the only judge that had a problem with his scorecard (had to change it to what he really meant) was the judge that had it 114-112 Fury. Originally that judge had it 114-110, but of course that didn't make any sense.

It's easy to see a decision you don't agree with and cry "corruption!". God knows we have seen our share of it over the years in this sport.

But Saturday?

Nah, that wasn't it.

Bad judging (by more than one judge incidently)...maybe?

But, even screwing up, they got the overall decision right.

But, you have every right to keep trippin'...

Comment

Originally posted by chrisJS View Post
            When between 80-90% of the polls say Fury won and about 5% only think Wilder (nutthuggers like OP) then you know it's a robbery especially when the common scores go from 8-10 rounds for Fury. That's not just "some". You are living in denial.

How is it the "right result"? Because your biased and you can't bring yourself to reality?

Wilder has not acted with grace and humility either. He's blamed racism as to why people scored it for Fury and cried that he was robbed and came up with a plethora of excuses about why he lost.

No amount of damage control or nutthuggery and crying will stop what happened.
            What polls?

I do know that press row was divided on who won, with more folks seeing it as a draw or win for either fighter than an outright win for one or the other.

Comment

Originally posted by koolkc107 View Post
              What polls?

I do know that press row was divided on who won, with more folks seeing it as a draw or win for either fighter than an outright win for one or the other.
              But when damn near all of press row had GGG-Canelo I & II for GGG you insisted it's irrelevant. Do you have a bias? Same for Kovalev-Ward I when damn near all press row had Kovalev you rubbished that but now it's relevant to you?

More press row had Fury and you can see the polls on this site (which is full of Wilder nutthuggers) or just google it. Look at the comments sections on the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisJS View Post
                But when damn near all of press row had GGG-Canelo I & II for GGG you insisted it's irrelevant. Do you have a bias? Same for Kovalev-Ward I when damn near all press row had Kovalev you rubbished that but now it's relevant to you?

More press row had Fury and you can see the polls on this site (which is full of Wilder nutthuggers) or just google it. Look at the comments sections on the fight.
                Actually, I care little for ANYONE else's score other than my own, since I am right most of the time.

But, as you so warmly indicated, YOU GUYS like press row scores so I though I'd mention them to help y'all see reason.

Obviously, that fell into the category of the few things I am actually wrong about.

Carry on...

Comment

someone tell me what "press row" fan dan had for a score?

see? now you dont agree with that score do ya?

but its "press row"...so what? great

Comment

lol@thinking polls on this site mean something and that its "full of wilder nuthuggers"...place is just as full, if not more, with EE/UK and even american racists that hate on all black american fighters

Comment

Working...
                    X