Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: BoxingScene.com's 2019 Knockout of the Year: Yuniel Dorticos KO10 Andrew Tabiti

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Gypsy Queen View Post

I wouldn't have Hunter in my top 15 personally, and he has improved, as well as his only CW loss being to Usyk. Bellew was around a top 20 HW at the time and the 2nd best CW, he beat the shell of David Haye though, let's be real here.

Glowacki would be around top 40 HW, and Gassiev would be no higher than 30,

Current HW belt holder? Please don't tell me that you're talking about Manny Charr? He is in nobodies top 50 HW. I don't know one person who recognises Manny Charr as a world champion. Charlie Zelenoff is a bigger champion than that bum.

He has a stoppage win over an undefeated knockout artist in Bakole, a win over the undefeated Kuzmin, a win over Kiladze who just gave Ajagba all he could handle & a draw with Povetkin but you wouldn't have him top 15?

Bellew was #6 with the WBC

We'll find out soon I guess with Gassiev moving upto HW. I suspect he'll be a real handful.

We can agree with Charr though lol

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
      He has a stoppage win over an undefeated knockout artist in Bakole, a win over the undefeated Kuzmin, a win over Kiladze who just gave Ajagba all he could handle & a draw with Povetkin but you wouldn't have him top 15?

Bellew was #6 with the WBC

We'll find out soon I guess with Gassiev moving upto HW. I suspect he'll be a real handful.

We can agree with Charr though lol
      His win over Bakole was good, but Bakole is an up and coming fighter, not top 20 yet even now. I see Hunter being between 10-20, but he has improved and would beat any CW now in my opinion.

Again, Kuzmin was a decent win, but he is very, very slow, I couldn't see Kuzmin beating any top 20 HW. Yeah, Charr sucks. Bellew is a really good fighter, but many HW beat him. Povetkin is still good, but he is massively on the decline. His stamina and chin have been starting to desert him for a while now. David Price had him blowing out of his arse after 1 good punch and a few rounds.
      my top 10 (not really in any order)
      Tyson Fury
      Deontay Wilder
      Anthony Joshua
      Luis Ortiz
      Andy Ruiz
      Dillian Whyte
      Joseph Parker
      Kownacki
      Usyk (up from CW)
      Dubois (I just think he's the real deal)

I'd take all of these to beat Hunter, and put these next 9 (making the top 20 with Hunter as 50-50 fights with him

Povetkin
      Agagba
      Pulev
      Kownacki
      Chisora
      Hrgovic
      Joyce
      Kabayel
      Hughie Fury (beat Parker imo, but bombed in last 6 rounds vs Povetkin)

The HW division has a lot of depth and is massively underrated. There's another 15 or so prospects I could add to this, as well as another 10 or so gatekeepers who are decent enough (Takam, Brezeale, Washington, Martin, etc) As far as Gassiev goes, I'd like him to face one of them before making judgement.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by PunchyPotorff View Post
          Cliff Rold...

You wrote "Dorticos shot his straight down the pipe and Tabiti was asleep before he hit the floor."

When it should be "Dorticos shot his straight down the PIKE and Tabiti was asleep before he hit the floor."
          https://english.stackexchange.com/qu...e-pike-or-pipe

Pike's the original term but language is constantly evolving, man, and it's sole purpose is the conveyance of meaning. For a metaphorical phrase like that as long as folk understand what's meant the precise phraseology is of less importance. Seems like 'pipe' has actually overtaken 'pike' as the more commonly used variant since about 2000 - and FWIW it's the one I'm familiar with - though I'm glad you brought that to my attention cos it had crossed my mind that 'straight down the pipe' was kinda nonsensical - I'd just never thought to follow it up.

Come to think about it though I reckon I prefer 'pike' and I'll probably use that from here in unless it becomes so unused that it stops being useful.

Comment

D.Wilder's K.O. was better, so was Ryan Garcia's AND Devin Haney.
            Last edited by j.razor; 01-02-2020, 08:56 AM.

Comment

Thank you Cliff Rold! Wilder’s connect was good but Breazeale. Was up at 8, 9. Tabiti was out cold. So was The kid Donaire knocked out. Cold! Also the KO of Szpilka. He was on ice! Haney’s was Cold Medina too!! Good call. Wilder’s wasn’t in the top 10.

Comment

Dorticos Ko was pretty good but Wilders Ko of Brezeale was simply more impressive visually(to me) for whatever the reason, than anything I saw all last year. Cruiserweights need all the shine they can get though and it was a solid fight and Ko so I have no problem with it.

Can't believe they put Canelo's painfully FAKE KO of Kovalev in the honorable mentions. These writers aren't too bright.

Comment

Originally posted by PunchyPotorff View Post
                  Cliff Rold...

You wrote "Dorticos shot his straight down the pipe and Tabiti was asleep before he hit the floor."

When it should be "Dorticos shot his straight down the PIKE and Tabiti was asleep before he hit the floor."
                  Originally posted by Koba-Grozny View Post
                  https://english.stackexchange.com/qu...e-pike-or-pipe

Pike's the original term but language is constantly evolving, man, and it's sole purpose is the conveyance of meaning. For a metaphorical phrase like that as long as folk understand what's meant the precise phraseology is of less importance. Seems like 'pipe' has actually overtaken 'pike' as the more commonly used variant since about 2000 - and FWIW it's the one I'm familiar with - though I'm glad you brought that to my attention cos it had crossed my mind that 'straight down the pipe' was kinda nonsensical - I'd just never thought to follow it up.

Come to think about it though I reckon I prefer 'pike' and I'll probably use that from here in unless it becomes so unused that it stops being useful.
                  Never thought I’d participate in a discussion of idioms in the English language on Boxingscene. Haha I had to look this up myself, as I’ve used the term “down the pipe” since I was a kid. The use of “pike” is entirely new to me. Thanks, Punchy!

Comment

The best KO of 2019 may be open for debate, but that Dorticos knockout is a worthy winner. Tabiti was moving forward as “The KO Doctor” sent a shot right down the pike. Perfect punch.

Comment

Originally posted by The Gypsy Queen View Post
                      The Cruiserweight division is one of the worst in boxing. Usyk unified the division and nobody he beat would be a top 20 in the HW division.
                      it is a cruiser weight 200 lbs. Not hw.

Comment

Working...
                      X