No announcement yet.

Cris Cyborg ‘very happy’ to finish UFC era, attacks Dana White’s ‘big ego’

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cris Cyborg ‘very happy’ to finish UFC era, attacks Dana White’s ‘big ego’

Cris Cyborg is “very happy” to part ways with the UFC.

The former featherweight champion released a short statement on social media Monday night, days after UFC president Dana White announced they would not try to re-sign her to a new deal following her UFC 240 win over Felicia Spencer. In an Instagram post, Cyborg said she’s thrilled to put an end to her UFC run.

Cyborg took some time to respond to some comments in the post, reiterating that she’s not “running” from a rematch with Amanda Nunes, who knocked her out last December to become the first woman to win multiple belts in the Octagon.

“Dana didn’t want to give me the rematch, only a six-fight contract, and the UFC unfortunately doesn’t have girls in my division,” Cyborg wrote in Portuguese. “I’d die in the UFC without fighting, and still being defamed, so the best option would be see other promotions that have my division, where I could fight more often. Who knows, maybe one day Amanda and I will rematch. No one knows what tomorrow might bring, God’s the one who makes my plans.”

When someone wrote “Dana who?” in the comment section, Cyborg responded “I believe a guy with dark soul.” In another comment, she wrote Dana White has “an unexplained anger against me, and he knows how important I’m going to be for another promotion”.

“I’m going to a place people knows about the word respect,” Cyborg wrote in English. “Uncle Dana don’t want give the rematch .. I can’t be stuck [an event] don’t have my division.. I can’t be fighting 1 time per year.. and the boss try damage my brand. I’m fighter and human [being] too.”

I'm mfing sure she is.

Dana was a sh^tty boss.

Wonder if anyone in boxing is gonna offer her a deal. With all the girl boxing getting more pushed by promoters it seems like there could be some novelty fights to make that could get someone some more attention.

Comment

Originally posted by OctoberRed View Post
      Cris Cyborg is “very happy” to part ways with the UFC.

The former featherweight champion released a short statement on social media Monday night, days after UFC president Dana White announced they would not try to re-sign her to a new deal following her UFC 240 win over Felicia Spencer. In an Instagram post, Cyborg said she’s thrilled to put an end to her UFC run.

Cyborg took some time to respond to some comments in the post, reiterating that she’s not “running” from a rematch with Amanda Nunes, who knocked her out last December to become the first woman to win multiple belts in the Octagon.

“Dana didn’t want to give me the rematch, only a six-fight contract, and the UFC unfortunately doesn’t have girls in my division,” Cyborg wrote in Portuguese. “I’d die in the UFC without fighting, and still being defamed, so the best option would be see other promotions that have my division, where I could fight more often. Who knows, maybe one day Amanda and I will rematch. No one knows what tomorrow might bring, God’s the one who makes my plans.”

When someone wrote “Dana who?” in the comment section, Cyborg responded “I believe a guy with dark soul.” In another comment, she wrote Dana White has “an unexplained anger against me, and he knows how important I’m going to be for another promotion”.

“I’m going to a place people knows about the word respect,” Cyborg wrote in English. “Uncle Dana don’t want give the rematch .. I can’t be stuck [an event] don’t have my division.. I can’t be fighting 1 time per year.. and the boss try damage my brand. I’m fighter and human [being] too.”
      Is she going to ONE Championship?

Comment

what's dana beef with cyborg anyways??? this is like the weirdest fighter/promoter relationship. i know cyborg aint your typical ronda rousey but why treat her like shiiet? she's making money for you!

Comment

Originally posted by .WesternChamp. View Post
          what's dana beef with cyborg anyways??? this is like the weirdest fighter/promoter relationship. i know cyborg aint your typical ronda rousey but why treat her like shiiet? she's making money for you!
          Started when she popped for PEDs. The reason he's a hypocrite is that he didn't have the same reaction to any of the men who have popped over the years.

He's a clear example of someone I would call sexist. If you're female he will only talk you up if/when you make him money. Look at how he treated Nunes before she handled Rousey.

Comment

Say what you want about Cyborg, but Dana always treated her like sht, even years before she signed with the UFC.

Cyborg might seem like a pain to deal with, but Dana always likes yes men (and women) and he doesn't like when fighters try to stand up for themselves or make any demands. He treated Mighty Mouse the same way. And GSP, Tito, Fedor, and the list goes on.

Comment

I think alot of it came when he had rousey as poster girl for the ufc and he was trying yo promote her as the baddest woman on the planet. when the fans of the sport ( not just ufc) Knew different.

Comment

Originally posted by Willy Wanker View Post
                Say what you want about Cyborg, but Dana always treated her like sht, even years before she signed with the UFC.

Cyborg might seem like a pain to deal with, but Dana always likes yes men (and women) and he doesn't like when fighters try to stand up for themselves or make any demands. He treated Mighty Mouse the same way. And GSP, Tito, Fedor, and the list goes on.
                Exactly. He likes quite, docile little indentured servants. I hope as long as girl's name is around that the UFC keeps losing the top fighters to One and Bellator. Fook him.

Comment

Not really. Dana has had sh^tty relationships with plenty of fighters. He hated Tyron Woodley. Hell he hated Ben Asken & he wasn't even in the UFC for years & I don't think he likes him any better now. Tito Ortiz. And I could probably name a dozen other fighters he's had massively f#cked up relationships with over the years if I thought about it for awhile.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                    I'm mfing sure she is.

Dana was a sh^tty boss.

Wonder if anyone in boxing is gonna offer her a deal. With all the girl boxing getting more pushed by promoters it seems like there could be some novelty fights to make that could get someone some more attention.
                    LOL normally would agree with Dana being ****ty but when it comes to Cyborg Dana gave her EVERYTHING , her own weight class, multiple opportunities etc.... Sorry but Cyroid was handed everything to her in the UFC and she is petty.

Comment

Working...
                    X