Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cyborg releases backstage confrontation with Dana White over Amanda Nunes rematch

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cyborg releases backstage confrontation with Dana White over Amanda Nunes rematch

Cris Cyborg isn’t backing down from her back-and-forth war of words with UFC president Dana White over her desire to get a rematch with Amanda Nunes.

Cyborg fell to “The Lioness” last year and almost immediately asked for a second fight against the now two-division champion.

Months passed and White claimed that Cyborg wanted nothing to do with the Nunes rematch, with the former UFC featherweight champion countering him at every turn while calling him a liar for those statements.

After defeating Felicia Spencer this past weekend at UFC 240, Cyborg took the opportunity to confront White backstage to ask him why he was making public statements that she was avoiding the rematch with Nunes.

“You know I text you for the rematch. You know this. Stop lying about it,” Cyborg said in the video she released Wednesday. “What you are saying that I don’t want to fight. You know that I want to fight and I’m not scared.”

White responded by saying that he wasn’t lying, but rather she may not have heard the entire story regarding negotiations about the potential rematch with Nunes.

“I’m not lying about it,” White said. “I don’t know if you know how it played out with management and whatever but we want to do that fight. I want to do that fight right now. We’ll get it done.”

If White really wants to get the rematch made with Nunes, he first has to address Cyborg’s free agency after she finished out her current UFC contract following the win over Spencer this past Saturday night.

Cyborg has stated that the UFC has a three-month negotiating window to secure a new deal before she’s able to field offers from other potential suitors. She has made it clear that she intends to find out her worth on the open market before signing anywhere so it might take some time before she’s made the decision on where she will be fighting next.
Working...
X